Manager, Office Operations (on-site)
Ampaire Inc. Manager, Office Operations (on-site) Hawthorne, CA · Full time
Manager, Office Operations will play an integral role on a talented team focused on decarbonizing aviation. If you thrive in a collaborative, cutting edge, entrepreneurial environment and are looking for a unique opportunity to join a highly motivated team, with excellent benefits and a casual but results-driven work environment - this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Ampaire is a tech startup based in California that is leading the charge in electric aviation. We're on a mission to provide the world with all-electric powered commercial flights that are affordable, quiet, and environmentally conscious. We're building the future of air travel, are reimagining the way we fly, and are innovating at the intersection of new technology in aerospace and electric vehicles.
Located at Hawthorne Municipal Airport next to SpaceX and Tesla's Design Studio, Ampaire is a developer of practical, compelling electric aircraft from short-haul cargo to supersonic passenger transport. As part of Starburst, the world’s top aerospace accelerator, we have access to an international support network. We're proud to have won multiple international awards as a Top Aerospace Startup (Hello Tomorrow, Paris), Top Electrification Startup (New Mobility Challenge, Los Angeles), and IEEE N3XT Stars. We've also been featured in Aviation Week for our creative business approach. Our talented team brings a diverse background from top institutions including Caltech, Stanford, MIT, Berkeley, Northrop Grumman, SpaceX, Virgin Orbit, GM, and Faraday Future.
Ampaire is seeking an adaptable, self-motivated teammate. As a Manager, Office Operations at Ampaire, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining and optimizing our systems, and processes, and supporting different departments. You will be a key contributor to our operational efficiency and overall success.
- Administer and maintain various software systems and applications used across the organization.
- Monitor system performance, troubleshoot issues, and ensure system security and data integrity.
- Collaborate with IT support to implement software updates and troubleshoot as needed.
- Manage and organize data repositories and databases, ensuring data accuracy and accessibility.
- Assist in data migration, cleansing, and integration projects.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and automation to enhance operational efficiency.
- Work closely with department heads to understand their workflow needs and implement solutions.
- Continuously monitor and refine existing processes to align with best practices.
- Serve as a point of contact for various departments, providing operational assistance and troubleshooting support.
- Collaborate with HR on tasks surrounding recruiting, tax compliance, benefits administration, and employee engagement processes.
- Assist in procurement activities, including vendor management and contract administration.
- Assist in Accounts Payable to ensure process and flow of software is effective, support issues that arise, and support other administrative needs.
Documentation and Training:
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of systems, processes, and procedures.
- Conduct training sessions for employees on system usage and best practices.
- Ensure that employees have access to necessary resources and materials.
Compliance and Security:
- Ensure compliance with relevant industry regulations and company policies.
- Implement and maintain security protocols to protect sensitive data and systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in system administration and data management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of relevant software applications and tools.
- Strong technical skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities.
- Demonstrate appropriate communication skills and email/phone etiquette suitable for a corporate environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized.
- You are a self-starter, are deeply motivated to achieve big dreams, and are passionate about our shared mission.
- You have experience working with project teams and have good teamwork skills.
Note: This position is on-site in Hawthorne, California
Benefits: We offer a variety of health care options, flexible work schedules, and have an awesome Aviation Enthusiast Benefit which could help support your professional and personal goals! We also have a very supportive team that is rooted in a strong company culture.
Ampaire is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) committed to building a more inclusive ecosystem that integrates women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups into the cleantech sector and aerospace industry. We strongly encourage applications from qualified applicants and members of underrepresented groups.
$80,000 - $120,000 per year