Banyan Infrastructure’s mission is to unlock capital for renewable infrastructure. We're the fintech solution serving a trillion dollar market by enabling banks and funds globally to invest in sustainability and net-zero targets.
Why consider this opportunity?
Banyan is growing rapidly and seeking a Product Manager to help develop product offerings that automate inefficiencies and delight our customers. This is an exciting opportunity to bring modern and intuitive experiences to traditionally rigid and outdated industries. The Product Manager will be integral in product development from vision through launch and scale. They will research, brainstorm, and analyze opportunities. This role will provide significant autonomy and creativity in work as well as plenty of opportunity for growth.
Our team is made up of bright, mission-driven individuals. We are passionate about using technology to solve sustainability challenges for our planet. We value learning, curiosity, and collaboration. We strive to build a supportive team that values difference and is always willing to lend a hand.
This role will report to the Group Product Manager and is a hybrid position based in our San Francisco office (3 days in office/2 remote) with the flexibility to adjust on an ad hoc basis.
What you’ll do:
- Drive iterative product development through the entire life cycle; work with internal teams to deliver solutions that improve customer success and provide tangible value
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs and the business value of our product
- Serve as the user advocate; convey functional process requirements to technical audiences through detailed product specifications, business rationale, and use cases
- Partner with the Engineering team through technical discussions, Agile/Scrum sprint execution, quarterly planning, and backlog prioritization
- Influence the product roadmap by articulating the business value, vision, and technical rationale of product options supported with analytics and research
- Collect and analyze quantitative data and qualitative research to inform product development; identify, prioritize, and iterate on product opportunities as well as existing features
- Plan product launches, collaborate with stakeholders on marketing activities, documentation, support requests, and sales enablement
- Become an expert in project finance and sustainable infrastructure in order to understand our customers
What you’ll need:
- Experience as a Product Manager at a face-paced company focused on SaaS or Fintech, including work with integrations
- Familiarity with building and managing complex software services at scale
- Prioritization and problem solving skills with a track record of distilling complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans
- Ability to gather, research, and analyze data from multiple sources (market data, customer services, sales) and subsequently define business requirements and MVPs
- Business knowledge and acumen to participate in technical discussions with engineers as well as discuss complex fintech products with non-technical customers
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and presentation skills to surface needs, explain features, articulate decisions, and gain alignment to drive projects forward
- Active listening skills and a level of curiosity to elicit and understand customer business challenges
- A collaborative mindset and an ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships
- Intellectual curiosity, self awareness, and ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Enthusiasm for Banyan’s mission and alignment with our values
- Sustainable finance knowledge is a plus
We are unable to provide H1B visa sponsorship for this role. US work authorization required.
How we’ll support your growth and success:
- Work closely with the founders, executives, and cross-functional teammates
- Professional development opportunities to further skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to learn the ins and outs of capital markets, financial products, and the technologies that drive the sector’s innovation
- A collaborative and supportive team of smart, passionate people who are all focused on a common goal
Compensation: $135,000 - $160,000 DOE
Our benefits package is designed to allow team members to be their best selves, in and out of the workplace. In addition to top tier health plans, at work meal offerings, and fitness benefits, we prioritize your well-being and growth through professional development, parental leave, a flexible time off policy, and flexible work. Our headquarters is centrally located between Bart and Caltrain in San Francisco, CA.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. We'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology. Our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel valued and respected. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this role would make you excited to come to work. Banyan is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?