C&I Energy Storage Solution Engineer
Blue Planet Energy Systems, LLC
Blue Planet Energy is a rapidly growing mission-driven company changing the way we power the world with safe, reliable battery systems. We build premium products that enable renewable energy adoption and energy security. Our products power the largest energy resilience projects in the US and assure the dependability of critical infrastructure, businesses and homes from Hawaii to the Caribbean and from Canada to Central America.
Blue Planet Energy strives to represent the communities we serve and to establish an inclusive model to drive our movement forward. We know our global mission cannot succeed without a diversity of talents, experiences, and perspectives bringing forward new solutions, approaches, and innovations.
We are delighted to open a new opportunity within the company for a C&I Energy Storage Solution Engineer. The position can be done remotely from within the United States and will have frequent travel as needed for project commissioning, product integration & testing, customer training, etc.
Do you love to geek out on the engineering of renewable energy projects? Do you feel like you’ve seen it all before, even in the challenging edge cases? Blue Planet Energy is looking for a C&I Energy Storage Solution Engineer to guide our customers from the design to the commission of C&I systems.
The ideal candidate has extensive hands-on experience with solar, inverters, controls and energy storage installations (grid-tied and off-grid) and can address the challenges customers face in designing, deploying and maintaining these systems. This role requires a combination of excellent communication and customer service skills along with the technical knowhow to be an integral resource for customers and installers.
This position may involve periods of heavy travel, with 33% travel during certain months but more usually about 20% travel. On site, the solution engineer will assist with system design and project execution.
- Provide energy system design consultation for customers early in the Sales process to ensure that the assets selected are compatible.
- Perform remote and on-site system commissioning of the energy storage, inverters and controls, if required.
- Manage customer's technical questions and expectations to successful install and commission systems. Communicate effectively with customers the required action plan for installation and commissioning of the product.
- Work with product line technical team and suppliers to support the client, and troubleshoot system's failures, investigate and create failure fault analysis reports to improve the product and processes.
- Create written and multimedia technical and training documentation, including system documentation, Single Line Diagrams, and conduct customer training sessions.
- Maintain expert level knowledge of Blue Planet Energy products and partners' products.
- Travel to visit vendor partners to receive training throughout the United States.
- Be a resource to the Customer Care team for advanced installation challenges, including answering calls and emails for field support and guiding staff to resolve issues.
- Provide feedback to the R&D team to ensure growing product expertise.
- Utilize internal systems to document relevant call activity to ensure proper data capture, issue tracking, and customer-specific activities.
- Other duties as necessary to ensure high quality, proactive, customer focused service.
- Must have direct, hands-on experience working with solar PV, energy storage, power electronics and/or electrical installations and strong understanding of low voltage, high voltage, AC/DC systems, and split-phase and three-phase electrical power.
- 3+ years of technical product experience within solar, energy storage, electronics, or technology industries.
- "Problem Solver" mentality. Someone who loves to understand and resolve difficult problems.
- Excellent customer interaction, communication and organizational skills. Ability to manage priorities and attention across a variety of projects.
- Excellent telephone and Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Strong oral and written skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule around the operating business hours of: 8:00AM – 8:00PM Monday-Friday, with occasional availability on weekends.
- Highly organized with the ability to clearly organize thoughts, schedules, reports, and databases.
- Ability to understand complicated technical information and communicate such information to non-experts.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to learn.
- Intelligent, accountable, and self-assured mentality with a strong work ethic.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical related field.
- Experience in IT networking.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical design codes (UL 508A, NEC, NEMA, NFPA 70E, IEEE, ANSI, NESC standards).
- Bi-lingual English/ Spanish speaking skills.
- Strong interests in technology, renewable energy, and or energy storage.
- Full time position.
- Geographically flexible. Must be close to international airport. Preferably in areas of company operations (Bay Area, CA).
- Health, dental, vision benefits, 401k match and paid time off included.
- Salary depending on experience.
Prepare an original cover letter explaining exactly why this position appeals to you and your relevant experience. Submit your cover letter, resume, and one example of your work (eg Whitepaper or technical article, technical training or presentation).