Lead Engineer - Run Team
At Climate Robotics, we are committed to revolutionizing agriculture and reducing carbon emissions by creating the world's first infield pyrolysis processing system. Our innovative technology produces biochar in agricultural fields, promoting soil health and sequestering atmospheric carbon. By intersecting two massive markets - agriculture and carbon sequestration - we aim to tackle some of the world's most significant environmental challenges.
We are proud to be VC backed and have assembled a team of exceptional professionals who are leaders in their fields. Our headquarters is in Houston, TX and we are looking for individuals with curious minds, seeking to work at a fast-growing startup, and make a meaningful impact.
Join us in our mission to change the world and shape a more sustainable future for all.
You will work with our team to bring pioneering technology to life, running prototype reactors, finding innovative solutions, and optimizing the biochar production process. Work includes the commissioning and troubleshooting of prototype equipment, operation, maintenance, and repair of production systems, and in-field operation of pyrolysis systems.
This role is onsite in Houston, Texas.
- Commissioning, operating, and troubleshooting prototype systems
- Collaborate with other engineering specializations to ensure safe and optimized system design and functionality. Negotiate competing requirements to give the best system-level outcome
- Recording and interpreting operational data and producing run reports
- In-field operation and problem-solving
- Maintenance and repair of prototype equipment
- Develop SOPs and maintenance schedules to maximize system duty cycles and meet production targets
- Leading the run team and ensuring project targets are met
- Travel as needed to customer sites or test sites (up to 50%)
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all stakeholders
- Mentor junior engineers and technicians
- Hands-on experience with electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience with vehicles, plant machinery, or agricultural equipment
- Familiarity with automation and process control
- Experience with electric and hydraulic motors, gearboxes, chain and belt drives, screw conveyance, material conveyance
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills are a must
- Ability to interpret sensor data to diagnose the operation of pyrolysis equipment
- Strong, hands-on project management skills
- 3-5 years experience with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or similar
- 1-2 years of experience in managing teams of 3 people or more, preferably shift work
- Demonstrated ability to hit company targets and drive through process efficiencies
- Alignment with company mission
- Based in the US and authorized to work for any USA employer without restrictions
- Regularly works around moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat, and humidity. The noise level may be loud at times.
- Must be able to move objects, and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Frequent movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
- The ability to remain in a stationary position 25-50% of the time.
- Shift work.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)