Climate Robotics is building the next generation of mobile pyrolysis system. Our trailer-mounted systems convert agricultural and forestry waste into biochar, a powerful soil amendment and carbon removal technology. Biochar is one of the most promising and lowest-cost solutions to global climate change, and we are excited to do our part in commercializing this transformational technology.
We've partnered with some of the leading buyers of carbon removal credits, including Microsoft, to build a new type of business that helps farmers while fighting climate change. Climate Robotics is well-capitalized by top VC investors in climate tech, including Congruent Ventures, Grantham Foundation, and Microsoft Climate Innovation Fund. We're looking to expand our team of engineers and scientists to help build an entirely new industry in the nation's energy capital, Houston, Texas.
About the Role
We seek a dynamic and problem-solving Manufacturing/Fabrication Engineer with experience in prototype assembly, small-volume manufacturing, and mobile equipment assembly to join our team. You will lead our mobile pyrolyzer's fabrication, repair, and assembly using in-house resources and external shops. We are looking for systems-level thinkers eager to lead in designing and building the next generation of carbon removal technology. Successful candidates will have demonstrated expertise in scaling complex, heavy industrial, or high-temperature chemical processing systems from an early stage (e.g. biomass, gasification, pyrolysis oil and gas, or agriculture).
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to build novel, in-field pyrolysis systems
- Coordinate work with outside vendors, managing cost, quality, and timelines
- Manage in-house resources for the fabrication and repair of equipment
- Tracking project spending and costs keeping within budget, and meet deliverables successfully
- Work with the design team to improve the manufacturability of designs and reduce fabrication costs and timeline
- Coordinate with engineering, run operations, and management operations.
- Be hands-on in the assembly, testing, and operation of R&D systems and mobile pyrolysis systems
- Mentor junior engineers and technicians on best practices of assembly, welding, and fabrication
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with a minimum of 7+ years relevant engineering experience
- Experience with metal fabrication methods, including machining and welding
- Excellent hands-on experience working with mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems
- Previous experience working on R&D projects
- Project management experience
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Alignment with company mission
- Experience with large-scale industrial equipment, agricultural equipment, or mobile tools
- Experience with installing and troubleshooting hydraulic systems
- Previous experience in a fast-paced R&D environment
- Competitive salary and stock options in the company
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Flexible vacation & time-off policy
- 401(k) match
- Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates