Principal Mechanical Engineer
As a Principal Engineer, you'll be pivotal in developing first of a kind in-field pyrolysis systems from design through development. This role has the unique opportunity to create equipment that can make a real positive impact on soil health and climate change.
This is a full-time onsite position in our Houston, Texas office. Relocation assistance is available.
- Provide technical expertise in product design, planning, simulation, testing, and manufacturing
- Oversee and lead advanced concept generation. Evaluate concept design, functionality, and performance.
- Champion and execute the company’s technology objectives to realize the planned and stated key results for product and customer success
- Translate innovative ideas into detailed engineering designs, utilizing advanced CAD/CAE software and engineering principles
- Provide input and direction on Product and Technology Roadmaps, advise on resource gaps and needs to execute against roadmaps
- Collaborate closely with both executive and cross-functional teams, including fabrication, operations, and sales, to problem-solve critical technical issues and ensure seamless product launch and market readiness
- Ensure successful implementation and resolution of any post-launch issues
- Answer difficult technical questions and solve complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Finalize Design for Manufacturability (DFM): Conduct rigorous DFM assessments to identify and address any production bottlenecks or cost overruns, ensuring a smooth transition from prototype to mass production.
- Research advanced technologies in the market, follow industry-specific technology trends, and lead new product/technology project development, as well as identify and execute research projects supporting product development projects and the Product Roadmap
- Ensure that all products have adequate written product specifications and meet specification requirements. Ensure prints, documentation, and testing verification methods are in place to properly source and approve the product.
- Review and document technical feasibility evaluations, qualification, field, and competitive testing to verify compliance with design
- Develop and implement best practices, processes, and process improvements for the engineering team relevant to product design, documentation, and testing
- Introduce new tools and techniques to improve and streamline new product development. Organize, facilitate, and/or conduct training on new software packages and development methods.
- Mentor and guide other engineers, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and technical excellence