Plant Operator, British Columbia
Dimensional Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognize that experience and talent are not always limited to the technical requirements of a job. If you have similar experience to the qualifications listed here, please consider applying. We strongly encourage those from marginalized and/or underrepresented identities to apply. If you need accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.
Dimensional Energy, a leader in the production of sustainable fuels and other chemicals from carbon dioxide, is seeking a motivated, creative, experienced operator and technician to run our operations in Richmond, BC and help develop new technologies. If you are experienced with refineries and/or chemical plants, are passionate about combating climate change, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, please consider joining our team.
In this position you will help with the construction, operations and maintenance of an innovative gas-to-liquids plant in Richmond, British Columbia. This is an hourly, full-time position and will require working some nights and weekends. This position may spend up to a month in the United States (Tucson, AZ) for training purposes. We are a growing company currently developing projects across North America.
Pay and Benefits
- The pay range for this position is $22-$28/hour.
- Health, vision and dental insurance packages available.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Plant construction and commissioning
- Set up plant as per design
- Perform and/or participate in operation and process safety reviews
- Commission systems and sign-off as ready for operation
- Work with process engineers to develop standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Work with 3rd party contractors and vendors as instructed
- Plant operation
- Operate plant and follow SOP’s
- Collect data and maintain data logs
- Perform routine plant maintenance
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and help keep all systems in working order, including pumps, compressors, valves, instrumentation, reactors
- Help develop maintenance procedures and protocols
- Setup routine maintenance schedule and self-perform where possible
- Implement lessons learned and create a continuous improvement culture
- Support research and development
- Run experiments, gather data, and maintain data logs
- Participate and successfully complete all safety training
- Always maintain a culture of safety
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Able to read piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Able to learn new skills and operate independently.
- Work overnight/weekends/holidays as required.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
About Dimensional Energy
Dimensional Energy is based in the US and is a leader in the production of sustainable fuels. We develop proprietary technology to convert carbon dioxide into sustainable jet fuel, diesel, and other products. Our carbon utilization platform allows companies to recycle their emissions to replace the fossil carbon in their supply chain. Our technology presents a true alternative to the extraction, refinement and burning of fossil carbon, all of which must cease in the coming decades in order to leave a livable planet for those who will come after us. Dimensional Energy recognizes that traditional fossil fuel extraction has disproportionately impacted communities of color and low-income communities. We are committed to a different path and aim to partner with local communities to ensure those impacted are included in the implementation and profit structure of our solutions. We envision a world free from fossil fuel dependency. We are growing quickly, come join us.