Dimensional Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognize that experience and talent are not always limited to the technical requirements of a job. If you have similar experience to the qualifications listed here, please consider applying. We strongly encourage those from marginalized and/or underrepresented identities to apply. If you need accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.
Dimensional Energy, a leader in the production of sustainable fuels and other chemicals from carbon dioxide, is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, Laboratory Assistant in our Ithaca, NY location to advance our cutting-edge research. If you are passionate about combatting climate change, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, please consider joining our team. This position provides upward mobility in the company with advancement opportunities.
Pay and Benefits
- The pay range for this position is $20-$25 an hour, based on experience.
- Health, vision and dental insurance packages are available.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Generous time off policy.
The primary role of the Laboratory Assistant is to help with all experiments and equipment under the direction of the Project Leaders. Activities may include:
- Maintaining stocks and inventory of materials and supplies.
- Assisting in the preparation of catalysts and reactors.
- Setting up experiments and research equipment as directed.
- Assisting research and laboratory personnel with experiments and procedures.
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment and glassware.
- Maintaining detailed records and files.
- Maintaining laboratory space in accordance with safety regulations and Good Laboratory Practice.
- Ensuring activities are completed in a timely fashion.
- Performing related responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Good mechanical aptitude with a strong interest in science and technology.
- Prior laboratory experience a plus.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree or current student in a science/engineering program desirable but not required.
- Accuracy and close attention to detail.
- Motivated and passionate about developing new technologies to combat climate change.
- As an entry-level position, on-the-job training will prepare the Lab Assistant for their duties. A willingness and eagerness to learn, ability to become proficient quickly at new tasks, and diligence are desired.
- Performs all work in a safe and professional manner.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
About Dimensional Energy
Dimensional Energy is based in the US and is a leader in the production of sustainable fuels. We develop proprietary technology to convert carbon dioxide into sustainable jet fuel, diesel, and other products. Our carbon utilization platform allows companies to recycle their emissions to replace the fossil carbon in their supply chain. Our technology presents a true alternative to the extraction, refinement and burning of fossil carbon, all of which must cease in the coming decades in order to leave a livable planet for those who will come after us. Dimensional Energy recognizes that traditional fossil fuel extraction has disproportionately impacted communities of color and low-income communities. We are committed to a different path and aim to partner with local communities to ensure those impacted are included in the implementation and profit structure of our solutions. We envision a world free from fossil fuel dependency. We are growing quickly, come join us.