Engineering Team Lead
Decarbonizing the energy sector is an urgent challenge and geothermal energy is poised to play a central role. We are expanding our team to help make this vision a reality. Fervo Energy has developed technology to make geothermal power scalable and cost-effective. Join us and work alongside world-class engineers, researchers, investors, and developers in making geothermal a key pillar of our climate-friendly energy future.
The Engineering Team Lead will manage a team of discipline engineers working across the Pre-Project, Concept Development, and Optimize stages of projects (FEL1 to 3) and function as a key leader in all aspects of front-end project delivery of next-generation geothermal power facilities. This role will be accountable for the initial technical development and verification of projects scopes. In this position, technical expertise and leadership will be instrumental in ensuring the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of our facilities. This role requires a self-starter who can take ownership of projects and provide technical guidance to junior team members. The Engineering Team Lead will report to the Director of Power Generation and Surface Facilities.
- Lead complex projects and ensure their successful completion, on time and on budget
- Lead client Hazard and Operability Analysis and Process Hazard Analysis evaluations
- Lead development of facilities standards that would benefit the entire organization
- Manage Project Cost Control, budget vs. actual spend, and implement change management activities accordingly
- Maintain technical integrity of engineering to decisions across the various phases of projects
- Develop and deliver pre-FEED scope and any following engineering scopes of work
- Give career guidance, coaching, and technical development to the team with the aim of maintaining and strengthening team health.
- Provide recommendations to key project strategies such as Contracting, Verification and Interfaces.
- Provide direction to Procurement for planning: vendor selection, prepare and issue request for quotations, vendor bid evaluations and selection, equipment
- Lead a team of engineers and serve as functional SME and technical reviewer within Design Assurance Process
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited university, OR a professional license in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline
- 8-10 years engineering experience
- Multiple years of experience building, leading, and developing a diverse technical team
- Experience with major project delivery of complex engineering; Renewables (Hydrogen, Biofuels, Solar, Wind, etc.) preferred
- Project work experience in the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas industry preferred
- Experience in facilities design and management
- Track record of engineering delivery including managing third party contractors and performance management
- Advanced oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to write clear, thorough technical reports
- Ability to adapt to other business cultures
- Ability to work across multiple projects and with high levels of uncertainty
- Experience/Exposure to Decision Quality, concept screening, concept selection, Change control, Commissioning, start-up and handover, Conflict Management, Construction, Cost estimating and cost control, Design development and delivery, Frameworks and methodologies, Governance arrangements, Performance management, Portfolio Management, Project and construction safety, Project execution planning, Project HSE, Quality, Requirements Management, Reviews, Risk Management, Schedule and resources, Sourcing Management, Stakeholder Management, Strategy and business case, Supplier Relationship Management