Supply Chain Specialist
Decarbonizing the energy sector is an urgent challenge, and with the right technology, geothermal energy can play a central role. We are expanding our team to help make this vision a reality. Fervo Energy has developed technology to make geothermal power scalable and cost-effective. Join us and work alongside world-class engineers, researchers, investors, and developers in making geothermal a key pillar of our climate-friendly energy future.
The Supply Chain Specialist will influence the development and execution of category management strategies. This role will be responsible for supporting Drilling & Completions related categories including, but not limited to, well stimulation, OCTG, wireline, coiled tubing, cementing, drill bits, fishing, casing accessories, workover services, and facilities construction. Further, this role will have the opportunity to help create and implement category management strategies in line with the company’s goals and objectives. The Supply Chain Specialist will report to the Category Manager.
- Perform market analysis and leverage supply chain knowledge to understand and articulate market trends that may impact internal stakeholders and category strategies
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and suppliers to define scope, identify risks, and analyze supplier capabilities
- Support bid solicitation, negotiation, contract execution, implementation, and management
- Recommend and implement process improvement opportunities regarding policy, process optimization, forecasting, and supplier relationship management
- Establish metrics to monitor, track, and improve supplier performance to ensure continuous improvement
- Ensure compliance with contract terms, both legal and commercial; provide effective overview of supplier performance to contract; manage supplier issues and disputes to effective resolution
- Challenge business plans where alternate opportunities exist to deliver higher value outcomes, ensuring all options have been duly evaluated
- Identify sourcing opportunities through contract assessments, stakeholder engagement and spend analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in supply chain, contracts, or project management
- Strong understanding of upstream exploration and production of oil and gas
- Experience managing drilling or completion related services, tangibles and related supply markets
- Experience with ERP systems
- Excellent networking and communication skills complemented by the ability to develop and sustain strategic relationships
- Self-starter with a track record of developing, implementing, and managing strategic supply chain initiatives
- Ability to influence management through the use of high quality, well-structured communications, both written and verbal to ensure linkage with business strategies and drive understanding of the resulting impact.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, negotiation and problem solving skills