At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
- Develop new documents and revise existing ones, including manuals, guides, policies, procedures, technical specifications, and other forms of written communication
- Review and edit documents for clarity, accuracy, and consistency, ensuring proper grammar, spelling, and formatting to produce professional and error-free content
- Implement version control systems to manage document revisions, ensuring that the most up-to-date information is readily available and that previous versions are archived appropriately
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) and various teams within the organization to gather information and ensure that documentation accurately represents processes, products, and services
- Organize and maintain a centralized repository or documentation library, making it easy for team members to find and access relevant documents
- Ensure that documentation complies with industry standards, regulatory requirements, and company guidelines, and conduct quality assurance checks to maintain consistency and accuracy
- Provide training and support to employees on documentation best practices, tools, and templates to promote a consistent approach to documentation across the organization
- Ensure that documents are visually appealing, user-friendly, and align with the FreeWire’s branding and style guidelines
- Ensure that documentation is accessible to all users, including those with disabilities, by adhering to accessibility standards
- Continuously improve documentation processes and workflows to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field such as Technical Writing, English, Communications, Journalism, or a related discipline
- Must be detail-oriented and have a keen eye for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting
- Experience in technical writing, content creation, or documentation management, demonstrating a portfolio of previous work and/or writing samples
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Adaptable, with a desire for continuous learning
- Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes or amendments to meet the evolving needs of the company. Thus, this position may include responsibilities or duties not specifically stated, but which may be deemed necessary.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.