Manager of ESS Solution Sales (East)
Sales & Business Development
Teaneck, NJ, USA
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2023
The Manager of ESS Solution Sales will be responsible for managing national customer accounts and maximizing all opportunities within those accounts to achieve sales goals determined by the management team. Specifically, the position will oversee sales in energy storage systems and software including, energy efficiency, energy management, behind-the-meter for C&I, resiliency-as-a-service, and financial reporting. In addition to generating new leads, the Sr. Manager of Solution Sales will leverage existing customer relationships within the organization to achieve sales goals.
This position will be based in the Northeast. It will report to the Head of C&I Solution Sales team and President of Hanwha Q CELLS America or another member of senior management personnel designated by the president. This employment opportunity is eligible for remote work, however, Hybrid or Onsite work may be required for candidates residing within a 30-mile radius of any of our corporate offices in the following locations: San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; and Teaneck, NJ.
- Oversee business and operations of Solution Sales Team
- Capitalize on Hanwha Q CELLS America’s existing solar business to identify and develop plans to meet and exceed sales revenue goals for energy storage systems and software at assigned accounts;
- Close orders and win partner relationships at assigned accounts and across assigned geographic regions in collaboration with Q CELLS PV Module Sales Managers;
- Own target account relationships for all commercial, technical, and strategic areas of the value creation for the customer and company;
- Develop ‘go-to-market’ strategies, including identification and approach to strategic partners and customers for battery energy storage systems and software;
- Originate new opportunities for solutions with customers in target sectors:
- Present strategies for energy storage system and software value proposition commercially, technically, and financially for C&I Behind-the-Meter and Community Solar applications;
- Lead and evaluate sales leads, opportunities, and customer pipelines through account profiling, business networking, and market intelligence strategies;
- Qualify projects and guide customers through the value creation process as a trusted advisor and challenger with support from company energy analytics engineering to close high valued partnerships and projects;
- Oversee the customer contract negotiation process, achieving rapid time to close;
- Track and improve sales metrics through pipeline management, business velocity, and continuous improvement of partner relationships;
- Own customer input to the company roadmap and work closely with Marketing, Products & Technology Innovation, and Executive teams to improve company’s products, services, and solutions;
- Work with Marketing to define and execute marketing strategies and campaigns for sales expansion at target accounts and across assigned geographic region;
- Maintain accurate sales forecasting and reporting through company CRM;
- All other duties as assigned by the Senior Director.
- Geographic regions include East Coast, West Coast and Central US.
- Proven experience for complex B2B sales with impactful results;
- Experience selling complex value propositions for energy services, controls, or capital equipment to developers, system integrators, OEMs, utilities, and financiers;
- Minimum 5 - 7 years’ experience and knowledge in software sales and/or hardware in the energy industry;
- Ability to adapt and contribute to process improvements in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to thrive with high autonomy and knowledge of when to summon resources to close business;
- Results-oriented, responsible, professional, driven, impactful, focused, and takes initiative;
- Cultivate key strategic partnerships;
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional employee groups;
- Understanding of finance/business concepts (NPV, ROI, IRR, etc.);
- Strong professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must be comfortable interfacing outside the company, including executive presentations, negotiations, and contractual reviews;
- Proven ability to structure, negotiate, grow, and complete multimillion dollar account relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be a strong leader, creative, and possessed of strategic planning skills;
- High degree of professionalism and conduct.
- Existing network of solar developers, OEMs, IPPs, co-op/muni, energy retailers, utility; and/or financial sponsors within the energy industry;
- Contracting experience with third-party ownership structures;
- Experience in financial modeling and energy analysis;
- Strong knowledge of energy storage applications;
- Experience in subscription-based SaaS sales;
- Good understanding of the energy markets and power systems.
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)