PV Design Engineer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2023
Q CELLS Enable is the Renewable Energy EPC branch of Qcells for the Commercial and Industrial market. Our mission is to be a world class designer and installer of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. We are based in NYC. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we are able to of-fer end to end solutions for project developers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently.
The PV Design Engineer will be responsible for taking initial system concept ideas and turns them into fully detailed construction ready designs. Working on commercial, and utility scale solar projects, the Design Engineer has a steady pipeline of diverse projects to design. Coordinating with AHJs, LPCs, and customers, the Design Engineer balances the necessity of a customer solution with the efficiency of standard practices. This position reports to the Manager of Engineering, or another senior management personnel that the President or the CFO/CSO of the Company may designate.
This position is located in Manhattan, New York, and the ideal candidate will be within commutable distance to this location.
Compensation: $60,000-90,000 (based on experience) + bonus
- Design and engineer commercial & utility scale PV solar systems between 50kW & 5MW in size;
- Develop construction documents using AutoCAD;
- Interface and provide streamlined project information and detailed bill of materials to the procurement managers;
- Travel to project sites from time-to-time to gather site-specific data, as required;
- Site assessment and analysis both from on-site data collection and network tools;
- Contributing to or writing technical papers;
- Site specific production analysis of PV arrays using models such as PVsyst;
- Prepare interconnection and permit design based on respective utilities and AHJs;
- Develop detailed equipment specifications;
- Coordinate activities between clients, utilities, permit agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms;
- Integrating energy storage systems into the solar PV system;
- Provide mentorship and training to new and junior engineering personnel; and
- All other assignments and special projects, as requested by Management
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or another related engineering field;
- Minimum of 1 to 5 years of experience designing commercial and utility scale solar PV systems;
- Adequate knowledge of National Electrical Code;
- Relevant work experience in the design and development of power plants (in particular solar or wind power plants);
- Ability to travel, up to 15% of the time;
- Minimum of 1 to 5 years of experience working with AutoCAD, including an understanding of layer control, dimensioning and scaling, sheet sets, blocks, xrefs, line weights, plot files, etc.;
- Experience in managing a team of Engineers;
- Excellent ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company; and
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits- medical, vision, and dental coverage starts day one, no waiting period
- 401k Company match
- PTO + sick days
- Bonus structure
- Opportunity for career advancement
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.