PV Design Engineer
Teaneck, NJ, USA
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2023
QCELLS Enable is the EPC branch of Qcells for the Commercial, Industrial, Distributed Generation, and Small Utility Scale solar markets. Our mission is to provide world class design and installation of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we can offer end-to-end solutions for project developers and asset managers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently in our Teaneck, New Jersey headquarters.
The PV Design Engineer will be responsible for taking initial system concept ideas and turns them into fully detailed construction ready designs. Working on commercial, and utility scale solar projects, the Design Engineer has a steady pipeline of diverse projects to design. Coordinating with AHJs, LPCs, and customers, the Design Engineer balances the necessity of a customer solution with the efficiency of standard practices.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering, or another senior management personnel that the Head of QCELLS Enable Company may designate. This position is Hybrid and is expected to travel up to 10%.
- Design and engineer commercial & utility scale PV solar systems between 50kW & 5MW in size
- Develop construction documents using AutoCAD
- Interface and provide streamlined project information and detailed bill of materials to the procurement managers
- Travel to project sites from time-to-time to gather site-specific data, as required
- Site assessment and analysis both from on-site data collection and network tools
- Contributing to or writing technical papers
- Site specific production analysis of PV arrays using models such as PVsyst
- Prepare interconnection and permit design based on respective utilities and AHJs
- Develop detailed equipment specifications
- Coordinate activities between clients, utilities, permit agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms
- Integrating energy storage systems into the solar PV system
- Provide mentorship and training to new and junior engineering personnel
- All other assignments and special projects, as requested by Management
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or another related engineering field
- Minimum of 1 to 4 years of experience designing commercial and utility scale solar PV systems
- Adequate knowledge of National Electrical Code
- Relevant work experience in the design and development of power plants (in particular solar or wind power plants)
- Minimum of 1 to 4 years of experience working with AutoCAD, including an understanding of layer control, dimensioning and scaling, sheet sets, blocks, xrefs, line weights, plot files, etc.
- Excellent ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits- Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage starts day one, NO waiting period
- 401k Company match
- PTO + Sick Days + Holidays
- Bonus structure
- Career advancement opportunity
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.