Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
PLEASE NOTE: This position is a 100% onsite position based out of our San Francisco office.
Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., is one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers. Known for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules, Hanwha QCELLS is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Talheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnership to its customers in the utility, commercial, government and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 7 business enterprise in South Korea. Hanwha Q CELLS also acquired GELI, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
Q CELLS is one of the largest energy solution providers by offering high-quality solar PV modules with extremely reliable and outstanding energy yields. Our mission is to provide affordable and smart energy solutions through technology and innovation to create a sustainable future for the planet. We are expanding our business by offering revolutionary energy systems to residential customers including ESS, MLPE (power optimizers, micro-inverters), EV charging solutions, and Smart IoT with world-class software solutions.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for performing day-to-day accounting operations, assisting senior leadership with our financial strategy, and aligning the policies and procedures of Q CELLS’ System Business Division in San Francisco including GELI, the renowned renewable energy Software Company, Q CELLS acquired.
- Perform the daily operations of the accounting department including accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparation of journal entries and account reconciliation
- Perform monthly closing duties assigned by Controller, which includes maintaining a prepaid schedule
- Responsible for processing employees’ expense reimbursement on a weekly basis
- Prepare a weekly credit card reconciliation
- Issue purchase orders and invoices in a timely manner
- Prepare annual 1099 slips
- Responsible for collecting supporting documents for all bank and credit card transactions
- Responsible for collecting wire/ACH authorization forms & a copy of a voided check from vendors in a timely manner
- Responsible for monitoring and processing payments for all contracts in a timely manner
- Responsible for scanning and uploading all mail correspondence to Google Drive and distributing them to relevant parties
- Maintain vendor agreements, independent contractor agreements, payable files and Form W9
- Maintain customer agreements and receivable files
- Upload all supporting documents to Google Drive for all bank and credit card transactions
- Provide general administrative support including procurement support services
- Provide high quality administrative support to Executive Leadership Team as an Executive Assistant
- Assist Controller with a quarterly and yearly audit PBC preparation
- Assist Controller with a quarterly and yearly tax PBC preparation
- Assist Controller with all statutory filing requirements
- Perform other duties assigned by Chief Financial Officer, and Controller
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bi-lingual Korean/English preferred
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is required
- Good understanding of month end and year end processes required
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting preferred
Make a difference: join a group of people who are passionate about renewable energy
Have an impact: the company is still small enough that everyone’s contribution has a significant impact to the success of the company
Many opportunities to lead teams, projects, and contribute to development
Casual professional working environment: there’s no need to dress up, just present your best self
Work collaboratively in a diverse environment- we commit to reaching better decisions by respecting opinions and working through disagreements
We value the insights that a diverse team can bring. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in tech.
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.