Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
HQC US is seeking a Contract Manager to assist with its growing module sales and EPC teams. HQC module sale and EPC teams are uniquely situated to grow within the renewable energy space by leveraging HQC US’s unique status as a fully integrated renewable energy provider. The chosen candidate will join a legal team that handles all aspects of the engineering, procurement and construction and module sales businesses.
The Contract Manager’s primary focus will be supporting HQC US’s in-house attorneys with EPC and module sales related tasks, including but not limited to, compiling contracts and exhibits, tracking document revisions, checking purchase orders for accuracy, coordinating internal review processes as well as other document management tasks for EPC Agreements, service contracts, subcontracts, supply contracts, and other construction and module sales-related agreements. This position reports to the Managing Counsel in charge of module sales or another personnel that the President or General Counsel of the Company may designate. This is a full-time position that reports to HQC US’s Irvine office and may require some limited travel. Preference will be given to candidates located in Southern California; however, this position may be remote for the right candidate.
- Support in-house attorneys to assistthe module salesand EPC teams in handling all issues arising during the process of drafting, negotiating and managing related contracts;
- Compile contracts, track document revisions, checking purchase orders for accuracy and other related document management tasks;
- Review purchase orders and other similar contracts for accuracy; and
- All other duties as assigned by General Counsel, Managing Counsel or other senior management personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or relevant certificate from college or technical school. Paralegal certification preferred
- 3+ years relevant experience (in house, energy industry preferred)
- Background in commercial construction, supply, and/or engineering contracts
- Strong understanding of legal terminology and processes
- Self motivated, superior organization skills and attention to detail
POSITION'S OFFERED SALARY PAY RANGE
- The anticipated starting pay range of this position, if it is to be located in Irvine, CA is $100,000.00- $120,000.00 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.