Solar DC Installer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2023
Q CELLS Enable is the EPC arm of Qcells serving the C&I market. Our mission is to provide world class design and installation of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we can offer end-to-end solutions for project developers and asset managers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently in our NYC headquarters.
The Solar DC Installer (Commercial Installations) will provide support to the Field Supervisor or Team Lead of the installation team and ensure the completion of installation of all solar arrays and solar systems for Commercial Properties. It is the responsibility of each Installer to ensure safe work practices for the installation team. This position reports to the Construction Manager, or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate.
This position is based out of our NYC office or Essex County, NJwarehouse and the ideal candidate will be within commutable distance to this location. This position is required to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Work closely with the Site Superintendent and Foreman for the DC side of solar installations;
- Loading and staging of job site materials.
- Pre-assemble job components;
- Layout and assembly of solar modules/array and mounting hardware;
- Measure and install solar roof arrays;
- Installation of Solar Panels
- Installation of Solar Racking
- Mechanical and structural mounting of racking, modules, and electrical equipment;
- PV homeruns pulls, wire management, and terminations.
- Ensure proper clean-up of job site
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform system inspections and maintenance.
- Attend training sessions on new products, installation methodology, and safety;
- Responsible for ensuring the safe work practices for the installation team; and
- Work with team to clean-up job-site, and prevent leaving any trash or tools behind; and
- All other assignments and special projects, as requested by Management.
- Comply with all safety regulations and company policies.
- Maintain inventory of materials and tools needed or installations.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum of 0 – 6+ years of experience in Commercial Solar Installation, required;
- A valid driver’s license, required;
- Ability to read and redline blueprints, preferred;
- Ability to lead a team of installers, level III
- Experience with the safe-use of hand-held power tools;
- Previous experience in PV installations, roof work, general construction, or carpentry, preferred;
- Understanding and experience with electrical wiring of AC and DC systems, strongly preferred;
- Ability to work in extreme environments, such as the hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc.;
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairs, work on rooftops, and be able to work on your feet for long periods of time;
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.;
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance, required;
- OSHA 30 Certificate and SST Certificate, required;
- NABCEP Associate or higher, preferred;
- Forklift experience & license, preferred;
- Ability to travel, at least 50% of the time;
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player;
- Excellent ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company;
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment.
- Work overtime (nights and weekends) if needed.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits- medical, vision, and dental coverage starts day one, no waiting period
- 401k Company match
- PTO + sick days
- Bonus structure
- Opportunity for career advancement
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.