Project Manager (Renewables/Solar/BESS)
United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Project Manager will manage the various aspects and phases of a project life cycle, ensuring adherence to enterprise, local project and program management standards, frameworks, and processes. This position reports to the Senior Director of Project Management and Construction, or another senior management personnel that the Vice President / President of the Company may designate. This position requires flexibility to support travel for multiple project in various geographical regions, expected to travel a minimum of 50% of the year.
- Overall responsibility for all stages of construction projects in tens to hundreds of millions of dollars;
- Develop and review project schedules, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scopes of work, standards and quotes from suppliers;
- Supervise project implementation to assure cost, time, quality and execution guidelines according to schedule;
- Competent / experienced in contract negotiations;
- Develop work breakdown structures as well as negotiating them with suppliers;
- Manage all parties involved (internal and external) and ensure professional project management from system design to construction phase;
- Represent project towards external parties such as investors, public authorities, grid operator and others;
- Responsibility for project controlling;
- Coordinate and manage one or more internal project teams;
- Working together in an international team of specialists and actively participate in developing project standards;
- Collaborate with team members when necessary to ensure effective communication and results;
- Site Due Diligence–Evaluate potential project sites as part of development due diligence Identify and project costs related to time, materials, and labor
- Track actual costs and assess cost effectiveness of products, projects, or services
- Cost reporting–Prepare reports regarding the current status of a project to show estimated costs, revenues, and project timeline; and
Provide cost estimation, including but not limited to:
Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by the Director of Construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management, or another related engineering science
- Minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience managing the performance of major projects, preferably in the building of power stations or supply networks, or other utility-scale construction projects
- Minimum of 2 years of solar PV or wind power project experience, preferred
- Ability to travel, up to 50% of the time
- Has independently overseen multi-million dollar projects
- Extensive work experience in management and completion of large scale projects in a responsible position (in particularly, solar PV projects)
- Appropriate leadership experience
- International experience (preferably time spent abroad)
- Assertive, able to cope with a dynamic surroundings, a team player, prepared to travel
- Demonstrated ability in managing projects: development, planning, installation and execution
- Experience in permitting processes with local authorities
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft office tools
- Strong in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent in written and spoken English; other language skills are a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player
POSITION'S OFFERED SALARY PAY RANGE
- The anticipated starting pay range of this position, if it is to be located in Irvine, CA is $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.