Senior EPC Planning Manager
Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Senior EPC Planning Manager will monitor and provide support for EPC projects that are based in the North America region. This position reports to the Director of Project Control, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine, CA and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. This position is expected to travel up to 30%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position; and
- Management in EPC controls for all projects;
- Prepares monthly reports in terms of progress by revenue, schedule and budget per Projects while handling Project Management System, account master files and Percentage of Completion (“POC”) in corporate with Project Managers, Construction Manager and Assistant Project Managers;
- Reviews weekly reports from the projects, checks it with approved schedule and budget, and reports unusual events
- Reviews daily reports from designated projects and reports if there are unusual events
- Planning Role in EPC group;
- Strategy establishment and execution, progress rate management
- Preparation of various business reports sent to the head office
- EPC group’s performance management compared to targets such as sales, cost and profit
- Research on market news to provides input for appropriate strategy and planning;
- Lead in “Key Milestone Meetings”, which is not limited to below for designated projects;
- Kick-off meeting after entering LNTP or EPCA with relevant teams
- Handover sessions between EPC Sales, EPC Control and PM team
- Project Closing Workshop after achieving Substantial Completion
- Support Director of EPC Control to develop and review project schedules, risk analysis, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scopes of work, standards and quotes from suppliers;
- Aide in the management and organization of information flow between designated projects and office teams;
- Coordination of project meetings for EPC group;
- Establishment of R&R and process with relevant department under EPC group (ex. EPCA/ Subcontract review and project proposal process)
- Project cost and productivity analysis / Risk Analysis
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by Director of EPC Control
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in engineering, or another related field
- Minimum of 6-8 years of construction and/or project management experience
- Experience supporting the completion of large-scale projects, construction and/or solar PV projects in particular
- Assertive, able to cope with a dynamic surrounding, a team player
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Fluent in bilingual Korean and English (in both speaking and writing)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and explain complex information clearly
The anticipated starting pay range of this position, which is to be located in Irvine, CA is $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.