EPC Environmental Compliance Manager
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
This position will focus on identifying, extracting, and planning environmental requirements to ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations and applicable permits for the construction of Solar PV and BESS plants. In addition, this candidate will perform site visits and audits to support site compliance. This position reports to the Director of EHSQ, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine (or remote) and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. This position is expected to travel up to 40%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance with permits and environmental laws and regulations by extracting and planning environmental requirements applicable to our project sites.
- Communicate, gather and provide information and compliance assistance: Public, Permit-tees, Consultants, other QCELLS personnel and Local, State and Federal agencies.
- Communicate with stakeholders to plan Environmental requirements and develop Environ-mental Audit plans.
- Perform environmental inspections and support the site team to ensure compliance, includ-ing reviewing records, reports, equipment and environmental concerns.
- Verify in-field activities at various offices and PV Power and BESS Plant locations.
- Prepare and keep environmental programs and procedures up to date as well as coordinate Environmental Management System documents
- Perform environmental aspect and impacts assessments for activities associated with the lifecycle of PV Power and BESS Plants.
- Evaluate site hazardous conditions and coordinate cleanups and remedial actions with site team as necessary.
- Ensure enforcement actions are being taken when necessary, advising on violations and cessation orders, collecting evidence, and presenting solutions to the Construction Team for implementation.
- Provide support to Project Team to investigate any citizen complaints.
- Review and comprehend technical and administrative reports throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Develop Environmental Initiatives and implement the Company sustainability program to promote a culture of sustainability champions.
- Design training programs, curriculums, lesson plans, and deliver environmental training to a wide variety of company employees.
- Support and oversee facility regulatory audits with actionable solutions for regulatory con-cerns.
- Provide input and support on implementation of the Spill Prevention, Control and Counter-measure Plans (SPCC) for various facilities.
- Provide input and support on implementation of StormWater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) for various facilities.
- Prepare weekly and monthly environmental reports as required by management and con-tractual requirements with customers.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- 10 years of experience identifying designing and implementing programs to mitigate Envi-ronmental operational risks.
- Experience in Environmental Auditing and in-field environmental management
- Knowledge of Environmental Regulations (EPA, OSHA, Cal-OSHA).
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental, Engineering, Sustainability or Construction Manage-ment.
- NPDES Certified preferred (Certified Stormwater Inspector Construction, or equivalent certi-fication)
- NREP certified preferred (REM, REP, or equivalent)
- Experience with ISO 9001, ISO14001 or ISO 45001 preferred.
- Environmental, energy, and construction experience preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and across departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of PV Solar and BESS Plants: structural, electrical, mechanical and controls equipment preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power-Point.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Q Cells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?