Site Quality Manager
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
This position reports to the Corporate Safety & Quality Manager and indirectly to the Project Manager, or another management personnel that the President/Senior Vice President of the Company may designate.
- The overall objective of this position is to ensure project quality requirements in civil, structural, electrical and any other disciplines of construction required for the site are met.
- Be a champion of the Company Safety policies and procedures through showing by example.
- Review and become familiar with the project technical requirements such as the prime contract, EPC contract, applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
- Overseeing all aspects of required project inspections including planning, auditing, scheduling, training, coaching, close-outs, and lessons learned.
- Review and approve contractor quality programs and inspection and test plans submitted per contract requirements; identify appropriate hold or witness points on inspection and test plans
- Collaborate with the Corporate Quality Manager, as well as the Project Management Team, to develop and implement the site quality plan (SQP)
- Acting as the on-site lead for the management of the SQP
- Assist, as directed by the Project Manager or supervisor to review and assess the construction quality activities (both Contract Management and self-perform) to ensure that they comply with project requirements
- Supervise, train, and schedule Quality Inspectors while ensuring the proper application of standard inspections and testing instructions; Provide coaching on effective communication and engagement techniques with other project team members
- Ensure that documentation is being completed, signed off, and compiled as the work progresses so as to support turnover and record retention activities at the project site
- Track and monitor inspections and testing activities, report quality metrics to drive continuous improvement; Retrieve, track, and present quality metrics compiled by the department to the Project Management team or the corporate quality manager for weekly or monthly reporting purposes, as required.
- Occasionally perform inspections, tests, and field audits as needed
- Implement our “Responsibility to Act” policy, by stopping any unsafe behavior, or any activity that appears to be out of compliance with Quality, Empowering all project personnel to act in the same manner.
- Determine the need for inspection tools and equipment and establishes proper calibration parameters for these items. Support the tools&equpment manager in establishing a measuring equipment and calibration program.
- Act as liaison between the Company and the Owner regarding quality; Scheduling and coordinating walk downs and inspection activities with the project team and owner
- Track punch list actions and providing updates to the project team and management as required
- Manage nonconformances at the project level and ensuring timely resolution of nonconformance reports;
- Support the use of Standard Work Instructions; Follow defined instructions and/or participate in the development, or improvement of Work Instruction.
- Review commissioning and energization plans, and coordinating inspections and tests as required
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gathering pertinent information for analysis towards effective decision making; leading Root Cause Analysis and other problem-solving techniques
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years' experience in Quality Management with managing quality inspectors, construction co-ordinators, technicians, or similar
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, specifications, and contract exhibits
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform at a high level while deployed to remote project locations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc.
- Ability to influence people to adhere to company policies, procedures, and instructions
- Ability to develop and interpret reports related to quality outcomes
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record (MVR)
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience building relationships
- 3 years of solar industry experience preferred
- Technical writing procedures/inspections/best practices
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of construction safety requirements; OSHA 10 or 30 or 510 certification
- Experience with Procore and other software including Bluebeam, Adobe Acrobat, and Box
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Q Cells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?