United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
The Web Developer role will help to build and maintain the web pages and web apps of the massively scalable consumer systems for clean energy. The developer will help lead technical direction for respective development solutions and FE solutions and will also lead the way in transforming the systems to self-healing, reliable and reactive systems.
- Software development, modeling, simulation, testing, and quality assurance.
- Analysis of user requirements, create technical specifications, writing and test code.
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects. Completing systems risk and reliability analysis.
- Monitoring systems performance, performing maintenance and software integrations for existing systems and maintaining compliance with industry standards.
- Application development for the full lifecycle of software. Identify and assess new technologies prior to implementation.
- Integrating integrate existing software products and get incompatible platforms to work together
- Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, UX designers, other developers, systems analysts and sales and marketing professionals
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
- Developing key website design principles and SEO optimization
- Developing using Tag managers and Site Analytics such as Adobe or Google Analytics
- 3-5 years of experience designing and coding enterprise level applications
- Strong experience writing website code with programming languages including WordPress, HTML and CSS
- Experience using Figma and able to participate UI/UX design discussions
- Experience creating tools that enhance the user’s website experience, and ensuring websites are accessible across many platforms, including laptops and smartphones
- Strong experience developing complex websites while maintaining graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Strong knowledge of Git including version control, branching, merging/rebasing, and pull requests.
- Solid understanding of MVC and MVVM patterns, architectures, and frameworks
- Strong focus on automation including Continuous Integration/Deployment with writing unit and integration tests
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in system automation, deployment, and implementation.
- Experience using JIRA, Jenkins, Github, Github Actions as well as experience in configuring and automating the monitoring tools.
- Ability to create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Good security practices and experience writing code that manages customer data
- Impeccable communication and team skills with shared ownership of code and other deliverables
- Willingness to work with and learn new technologies
- Experience architecting solutions in GCP and/or AWS specifically using: Cloud functions, Lambda Composer, Cloud pub/sub, sns, Dataflow and Stackdriver, Cloudwatch, among other cloud specific technology stacks
- Familiarity with managed cloud services (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure) and their associated offerings
- Familiarity with Docker and Serverless architectures like GCP Cloud Functions, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, ECS, S3, GCP Pubsub, SQS, CloudFormation, Terraform, and/or other similar cloud services
- BS degree in computer science, engineering or math
- Experience with Maven/Gradle build systems
- Experience with Github Actions / Jenkins CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of BFF (Backend-for-Frontend) patterns
- Experience with development of self-healing, reliable and reactive systems
- Experience with Event Driven Design, REST API
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?