United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Compliance Engineer ensures QCells products can be deployed within the marketplace. This person is key to our product success, they help us obtain all necessary certifications and ensure our products are built consistent with industry standards and practices. They identify product design and testing requirements and assists with the implementation of design features, test programs, and signage and labeling to meet those requirements. This position reports to the Director of ESS Engineering or another senior management personnel that the Vice President/President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine, California, or remotely, and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm (one hour unpaid lunch included in these times). This position may be expected to travel up to 30%.
- Performs Compliance research, and documents the processes and procedures necessary to bring a battery energy storage system to market. Knowledge and familiarity with ANSI, IEC, IEEE, NFPA, UL, and other industry standards applicable to battery energy storage systems is required
- Researches and summarizes global and national compliance standards and regulations for the product team
- Responsible for developing the strategy and plan for the company’s products to obtain labeling or certification from a nationally accredited testing laboratory for a battery energy storage system and related components
- Performs regulatory reviews during design and prior to production to ensure compliance with applicable standards and regulations
- Assists in reviewing label design, technical publications, marketing materials and operating manuals
- Assists in the development of department standards, processes, and procedures
- Assists in preparing facilities and departments for accreditation and quality control audits
- Assist with compliance training to other team members and new employees
- Collaborate with team members when necessary to ensure effective communication and results
- Maintain well organized documents the company’s standard
- Collaborate and assist in implementing new software as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in product development with prior experience in product compliance and certification
- Experience in the development of battery energy storage system solutions strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or related field
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook with advanced MS Office skills
- Ability to organize, schedule, prioritize, and multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and promote recommendations
- Strong ability to work and collaborate in virtual workplace
- Strong collaboration skills and capacity to influence diplomatically within a team environment
- Self-motivated and work with minimal guidance
- Experience obtaining ISO certification preferred
- Strong in Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience managing projects from initial design to production preferred
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.