IT System Administrator
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
The Network Administrator will maintain the office information technology systems and remediate users’ issues. The candidate must be capable of configuring firewall policy and resolving network issues as well as more routine support requests. This position will report to the Manager of IT & Facilities located in HQCA Irvine office or another member of senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. It will be based in Santa Clara, California office, and working hours will be Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm or 9:00am-6:00pm. This position will also work with remote support from Irvine and Korea offices as needed including off hours work but not an on-call rotation or expectation.
- Provide basic support for users onsite and remote
- Manage network infrastructure and build out policy as needed
- Manage asset procurement, storage, configuration for user hardware and network
- Advise and support on development and improvement of IT systems, networks, software, hardware, IT policies, and security;
- Manage the relationship with our outside IT consulting vendor and serve as a gatekeeper for all IT-related issues;
- Assist in resolution and support for issues related to IT systems, networks, software, hardware and security;
- Manage and track distribution of all IT assets to employees, providing data to Corporate Finance as needed;
- Assist staff, both local and remote, with daily operation of computer systems;
- Install computer peripherals and applications for users
- Prepare computers for first-time use by new and visiting employees
- Support development of IT and network-security practices and policies as well as employee compliance with such practices and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- 3-5 years of experience in an IT admin / support desk role
- Proficient networking skills – managing IPv4 policy, VLAN, architecture, etc
- Strong Win 10, Win OS, and Mac OS knowledge
- Proficient with Windows Server OS 2008 – 2019
- Robust knowledge of and experience with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Proficient with O365 / M365 admin roles
- Fortinet, QNAPP, VMware experience desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?