Human Resources Director
People & HR
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Q CELLS Enable is the EPC arm of Qcells serving the C&I market. Our mission is to provide world class design and installation of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we can offer end-to-end solutions for project developers and asset managers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently in our NYC headquarters.[VB1] [KN2] [WWJ3] [VB4]
The Head of Human Resources oversees the Human Resources department and all Human Resource functions. This position is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices. The Head of Human Resources will work closely with the Enable executive team and with Human Resources team at USA Corp/Green Energy Solutions (“GES”) to ensure alignment of company policy and the business strategy and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals.
This position reports to the Head of Enable, or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in New York, New York (or New Jersey, NJ) and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm.
- Overseeing the daily operations and workflow of the Human Resources department.
- Evaluate the team for yearly performance reviews.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the human resource management team;
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Collaborate with executive leadership, corporate planning and headquarters to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals and identify ways to support this mission through top talent.
- Develop and implement HR process and guideline required for business and environmental changes.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety and other laws, regulations and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Build talent acquisition strategies to build strong pipelines for future hiring needs.
- Create and formulate career development plans for company’s positions;
- Evaluate training and development programs.
- Develop Human Resources Policies.
- Create and update the employee handbook.
- Analyze the effectiveness of our Human Resources procedures and tool.
- Act as the administrator for our PEO system and lead for Work Comp and the Company Insurance.
- Oversees 401(k) process, including the annual filing of the Form 5500 and mailing out mandatory 401(k) notices.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Analyze situations. Identify and forecast pertinent problems. Evaluate realistic options. Recommend/implement appropriate course of action.
- Oversee semimonthly payroll process and complete payroll reconciliation; be fully trained as a payroll “backup” with the ability to step in to process sand complete payroll when needed.
- Monitor benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence and employee assistance.
- Maintain records of benefit plans participation such as insurance and 401(k), personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews and terminations and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Assist with immigration and visa inquiries.
- Oversee all Monthly HR and/or workforce data reporting to Enable and GES Leadership and Headquarters.
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervise the Human Resources Team by:
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or another related field in business administration
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant human resources experience
- Must possess minimum 5 years Human Resources leadership experience with focus on high volume business growth, workforce management, strong business acumen and legal compliance due diligence
- Experience in the construction industry is strongly preferred
- Excellent Leadership abilities
- Strong knowledge of HR operations and administration
- Strong knowledge of HR-related state and federal regulations
- Strong knowledge of various benefit programs
- Strong proficiency using software programs such as MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Advanced reporting skills using Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player
- SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCO strongly preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
- Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
- Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
- Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
- Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
- Travel: up to 25% as needed
- Regular professional, office business setting
- Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Qcells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Qcells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at email@example.com.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?