Sr. Civil/Structural Engineer
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
This Sr. Civil/Structural Engineer position will provide engineering support to the EPC team and is responsible for assisting in all stages of project design. This position reports to the Director of Engineering, or another management personnel that the Vice President of Engineering may designate. Working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. This position is expected to travel up to 30%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all stages of project civil and structural design, including conceptual and advanced system design, observing regulatory codes, customer requirements, site visits, permitting and technical support during construction phase;
- Design and optimize civil engineering from conceptual to IFC for utility scale PV plants such as internal road systems, 3D modeling for grading works, drainage systems, erosion control concepts, hydrology reviews, etc.;
- Review technical documentation such as site studies, reports, permits, etc. as related to design, cost, or schedule impact
- Lead the team in developing best practices for the civil and structural engineering process of utility scale PV plants;
- Manage and coordinate external resources such as structural and civil engineering consultants, geotechnical and topographic surveyors;
- Develop and review project schedules, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scopes of work, standards and quotes from suppliers and civil sub-contractors;
- Create, deliver, and maintain drawing packages and project documentation;
- Assist with technical training to other team members and new employees
- Collaborate with team members when necessary to ensure effective communication and results
- Prepare technical documents for bid packages for subcontractors including design specifications and scope of work
- Work in a team to develop and improve the system standards;
- Assist with technical training for team members and new employees;
- Build a quality culture of continuous improvement that enhances company efficiency and engineering quality;
- Drive a safety culture that embraces both a “Responsibility to act” and “Show by Example” approach;
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Civil/Structural Engineering, or another related science
- Minimum of 5 years of professional engineering experience in the renewable industries (specific to solar, energy storage solutions, others.)
- Willingness to travel, up to 30% of the time
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil3D and LPILE (or equivalent)
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player
- Previous experience managing projects from initial design to installation and execution, preferred
- Experience in permitting processes with local authorities having jurisdiction, preferred.
- Ability to project manage multiple efforts
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills
- Preferred: Professional Engineering License
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Q Cells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at email@example.com.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?