Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
The Sustainability Analyst is a key member of the Sustainability team and will support a wide range of data gathering, analysis, disclosure preparation and support for all aspects of Qcells' sustainability and corporate governance programs. Passionate and create problem solvers are encouraged! They will design and lead projects and initiatives to support Qcells’ progressive sustainability goals. The position will collaborate across the full range of Qcells’ R&D, manufacturing, and sales & marketing teams to create robust and efficient processes for sustainability reporting, and design initiatives to drive continual improvements in sustainability performance. This role will identify, collect, manage, and effectively communicate a wide range of ESG metrics and projects.
- Lead and facilitate the development and implementation of cross-functional programs and initiatives within each manufacturing facility as well as company-wide to reduce environmental footprint, including GHG emissions, energy use, and waste.
- Put processes, systems, and workflows in place to support/improve data integrity and accurate reporting of carbon footprint and other environmental KPIs for each site and entirety of organization.
- Build on the internal database of sustainability knowledge; track and monitor industry trends to identify best practices for continuous improvement.
- Manage and track all sustainability KPIs for the company across all North American facilities and the overall business; provide regular updates on performance to management.
- Support the company's ESG initiatives and disclosures including working with a cross-functional team to collect, organize and analyze data for the annual sustainability reports, SASB, GRI, CDP, TCFD and overall emissions tracking to show progress against the companies SBTi goals.
- Monitor and track progress against ESG goals and metrics
- Partner with external organizations to improve access to third party data and tools to establish more precise benchmarks and reporting abilities for the company as well as for the industry at large.
- Partner with Director of Sustainability to refine and champion the vision for Qcells’ sustainability platform.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing operations teams and other internal functions to develop a coordinated sustainability roadmap to deliver the Company’s commitments.
- Actively engage in external organizations including NGOs and trade groups to bring state-of-the-art sustainability best practices in-house.
- Experience with ESG/sustainability reporting and disclosure, including knowledge of current tools and trends; ESG raters and rating agencies; and requirements of SASB, TCFD and other reporting frameworks and standards.
- Strong data management and computational skills.
- Able to work effectively in an international cultural environment
- Curious to learn about new regulations, requirements and sustainability reporting standards.
- Ability to translate/calculate sustainability goals into financial benefits.
- Data management experience, using a variety of tools for data management.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, including self-motivating, time management, and project management.
- A team player; demonstrated ability to establish rapport, trust, and effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Passionate about sustainability and how companies can positively affect the environment and society.
- Strong communication skills; demonstrated ability to develop and edit written materials as well as be effective in verbal communications and presentations; able to relate and translate to a wide audience.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor's degree in Sustainability, Sustainable Business Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or related fields.
- Two (2) or more years of relevant experience, including experience working in corporate affairs or an ESG function in a corporate environment or investment firm.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with GRI, SASB or similar reporting standards.
- Experience with ISO 14001 or similar environmental management standards.
- Experience with ESG risk assessment and management.
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?