Quality and Commissioning Manager
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Q CELLS Enable is the EPC arm of Qcells serving the C&I market. Our mission is to provide world-class design and installation of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we can offer end-to-end solutions for project developers and asset managers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently in our NYC headquarters.
We are looking for an experienced Quality and Commissioning Manager with a history of success delivering high quality functioning C&I Photovoltaic systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing the quality and commissioning program for field operations, remote workers, and office staff in the new and existing markets.
This position reports to the Head of Operations or another management personnel that the Company may designate. This position will be located in NYC midtown office or Bergen County, NJ office with the consideration of the candidates’ accessibility. Ideal candidates will be within commutable distance of these locations, but a flexible or hybrid working option is open.
- Create, Implement, and Manage internal Quality Control programs aligned with contractual agreements and Qcells standards
- Standardize Quality and Commissioning documentation including inspection templates, formal reports, and overall company quality control plan. Analyze current plans/processes and issue modification recommendations.
- Collaborate with management team to create/implement a quality training program
- Integrate documentation into digital platforms including Procore suitable for access, reporting, and compliance
- Report incident and observation metrics/updates to management team
- Collaborate with HR and Operations management team to create/implement a quality disciplinary policy
- Conduct internal field quality audits to monitor, track and report on compliance.
- Perform field audits of subcontractors in coordination with field operations team
- Proactively and reactively advise, communicate and collaborate with employees regarding quality work practices and program implementation
- Perform incident/observations investigations including root cause analysis and reciprocate with remedial action plans
- Aid in personal protective equipment, tools, materials and equipment selection in coordination with field operation management and procurement team
- Collaborate with bidding team to integrate labor and material consideration into estimates
- Attend coordination and progress meetings
- Act as liaison between the Company and the Owner regarding quality; Scheduling and coordinating walk downs and inspection activities with the project team and owner
- Manage nonconformances at the project level and ensuring timely resolution of nonconformance reports;
- Implement our “Responsibility to Act” policy, by stopping any unsafe behavior, or any activity that appears to be a systemic Quality defect, Empowering all project personnel to act in the same manner.
- Proven working experience in the construction industry (prefer solar or electrical trades)
- Minimum 5+ years working in the Quality/Commissioning related role in electrical or mechanical trades
- Minimum 3 years in a Quality/Commissioning management role in the C&I photovoltaic industry
- NABCEP Professional Certification (PV installer, inspector or commissioning preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite and construction management software packages (Procore)
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management prioritization skills
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field a plus
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time and as needed for quality and commissioning work
- Must enjoy working within a team and working independently;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to climb ladders to access rooftops of buildings;
- Valid Drivers License & Clean Driving Record.
- Ability to work a variety of hours, including responding as needed to emergencies
- Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) preferred.
- Knowledge of construction safety requirements; OSHA 30 preferred
- First Aid/CPR training preferred.
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?