Procurement Specialist (Solar EPC)
United States · Remote
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for conducting the purchase process for major equipment (racking,
inverters, etc.) from RFP to purchase order/contract execution, identifying new vendors and emerging technologies, maintaining a database of current suppliers, supporting the pre-qualification process and monitoring supplier performance. Works closely with key suppliers that support the overall strategic objectives of the organization and ensure reliable support and supply of materials to projects. May be assigned other tasks as needed. This position reports to the Director of Procurement, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine, CA and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. This position is expected to travel up to 15%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position; and
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to optimize the procurement of materials and/or services;
- Manage key procurement processes in alignment with Companies overall strategic goals;
- Administers the RFP process including, but not limited to the following:
- Prepare RFPs to qualified suppliers including working with other functional groups to gather all required documents and data;
- Determine and maintain bid schedules in accordance with project schedules;
- Coordinate responses to RFIs from bidders;
- Review, compare and evaluate supplier proposals with historical and market pricing to determine cost-competitive pricing and identify opportunities for cost savings;
- Support commercial negotiations for Equipment Supply Agreements, project specific orders, change orders, etc. with key suppliers in accordance with company policies and guidelines;
- Administer change order process for suppliers and other related contract management processes;
- Ensure prime contract flow downs are incorporated into subcontract documents as needed or applicable to scope of work/supply;
- Monitor supplier compliance to contract terms and project requirements;
- Support Project Management Team as needed with contract information and input to resolve supplier issues, such as under-performance or scope gaps;
- Evaluate vendor performance and develop improvement processes based on lessons learned;
- Support Project Management Team as needed with urgent procurement needs;
- Maintain accurate and complete purchasing records in accordance with record retention procedures;
- Support qualification and onboard new vendors; and
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in Contract Management and/or Procurement
- Minimum 4 years of experience in solar and/or construction field project at the project size of over $30M in procurement of equipment/material or subcontracting
- Preferred experience in Solar or Renewable Energy
- Knowledge in contract management
- Change order management experience
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast pace, professional, team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately and in support of project schedules and other deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence communicator and ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- Experience in conducting supplier reviews and evaluation, and maintaining good business relationships
- Computer literacy with an advance knowledge on Microsoft office including, but not limited to,
- Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Strong understanding of construction management software systems (Procore, E-Builder, CMiC,
- SAP Experience preferred
SALARY RANGE FOR POSITION
The anticipated starting pay range of this position, which is to be located in Irvine, CA is $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?