Project Manager of SI Applications
United States · Remote
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
This position reports to the Director of SI application, or another management personnel that the President/Senior Vice President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine, CA and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. This position is expected to travel up to 25%.
- Work with SI engineering, SI integration and SI SCM team to coordinate Qcells containerized energy storage solution development such as product planning, scheduling, budget management and others
- Manage, planning and coordinate SI roadmap such as Qcells BESS model, containerized energy storage solutions and GELI EMS(Energy Management System) including short term battery securing through MSA(Master Supply Agreement)
- Work with Project Development, EPC and Project Finance team members to optimize designs and proposed solutions given technical and functional specification of in-house solution.
- Manage, planning and coordinate external resources such as battery/PCS OEM, EMS, dispatching optimization provider and independent engineering firms or consultant.
- Support the development, EPC of internal- and external-facing presentations and technical content.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 5 year or more of managing multi-disciplinary projects.
- Minimum of 3 year or more of experience Product planning and/or project management for battery/PCS or system integration development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to collaborate and interact with suppliers, customers, and other project team members in cross-functional teams.
- Willingness to travel, at least 25% of the time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player
Education and Certificates:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Analysis, Statistics, Physics or equivalent.
- PMP certified, preferred
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.