Associate Project Manager
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
Associate Project Manager
Q CELLS Enable is the C&I (Commercial and Industrial) EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) arm of Qcells which is the market leading PV and battery solution provider in US and Global market. We are based in NYC and quickly expanding our footprint to all neighboring states in Northeast.
The associate project manager reports to the Project Manager or Sr. Project Manager and aids the operations division in the execution of C&I solar EPC contracts. The successful candidate will have a passion for renewable energy, and a background in engineering, construction, or a related field. This is an entry level position, and previous experience with solar is not required (but would be a significant plus).
This position will be located in NYC office (Manhattan) or NJ office (Bergen County) with the consideration of the candidates’ accessibility. Ideal candidates will be within commutable distance of these locations, but a flexible or hybrid working option is open.
Compensation: Base Salary ($60,000~$90,000) + Bonus
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and managing of C&I PV and ESS installations under the guidance of a senior project manager
- Manage job-site equipment and material deliveries
- Assist in applying for permits, interconnections, and incentives as required
- Provide support to clients, subcontractors, and team members
- Liaise with internal engineering department
- Assist with purchase orders and budgets
- Update and maintain project schedules
- Provide desk and field support
- Attend occasional site visits, maintain detailed notes, and be able to speak about technical details to company members, clients, and subcontractors
- Work with other internal departments to improve company protocols, installation practices, and company growth
- Communicate with subcontractors, building and maintaining relationships while
- Prepare and submit progress reports to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations, or construction management preferred but not required
- Ability to coordinate with a team and problem solve with others
- Ability to read and understand building plans
- Excellent record keeping and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple assignments with shifting priorities and deadlines
- Strong people skills and good oral and written communication
- Excellent problem solving, team development, and critical thinking skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Gannt chart software (Smartsheet, MS Project, etc.)
- Previous experience in solar is a strong plus
- Self motivated with the ability to prioritize to meet required deadlines
- Previous construction experience.
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?