Pile Driver Operator
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
Q CELLS Enable is the EPC arm of Qcells serving the C&I market. Our mission is to provide world-class design and installation of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we can offer end-to-end solutions for project developers and asset managers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently in our NYC headquarters.
The Pile Driver Operator/Foreman will provide support to the Construction Manager & Field Supervisor of the installation team and ensure the completion of installation of all Piles and screw foundations for Commercial Properties. It is the responsibility of each Installer to ensure safe work practices for the installation team.
This position reports to the Construction Manager or Field Supervisor, or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is based in the Western NY and Finger lakes Region and the ideal candidate will be within commutable distance to this location. This position is required to travel within NY State corresponding to the project's location.
- Complete company trainings, certifications and other essential company objectives
- Attend all safety, quality, and production meetings
- Perform inventory checks and report findings
- Load, unload and transport racking material and piles
- Drive and Operate Pile Driver, Skidsteer, Lull, and other equipment with proper certifications
- Drive steel piles or screw piles
- Perform pull/load tests on the project portfolio
- Perform, record and upload testing/data on piles: depth, plumb, pull test, refusals, refusal remediation
- Verify pile locations with GPS
- Pile Driver Operation: Vermeer PD10R operating experience preferred. Ability to move levers of hoisting equipment, position piles and hammers over piling. Ability to monitor gauges, dials, controlling equipment operations. Ability to use levels, rules, plumb bobs framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure materials are plumb, level and secure
- Pile driver maintenance, fueling, service and transportation communication
- Collect and dispose of scrap, excess materials, and refuse
- Communication with racking vendors, independent engineers, etc. as needed
- Collect soil samples
- Quality control – checks, documentation and submittals
- Safety - checks, documentation and submittals
- Crew Management including oversight, training and communication
- Track and achieve production targets, communicate issues
- General reporting and coordination with Qcells management
- Good attitude, eager, willing to learn, proactive
- Working experience in construction 5+ years
- Experience driving piles or ground screws 3+ years (prefer for C&I solar projects)
- Experience as a Foreman or Lead Pile Driver Operator (preferred)
- Ability to read a plan set/installation manual and install accordingly
- Ability to work in all weather conditions in New York
- Ability to lift 50lbs and perform repetitive tasks
- Knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Basic competency Microsoft suite of software and Procore (preferred)
- Ability to prioritize work activity
- Ability to travel within New York State, up to 100% of the time;
- Ability to work within a team and take direction from team leaders
- Ability to work a variety of hours, including occasional evenings and weekends;
- Valid Drivers License & Clean Driving Record.
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?