Director of GES Operation Strategy
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
Director of Corporate Strategy & Operation is responsible for leading the key growth initiatives of renewable energy business in the US region by coordinating development and EPC strategy, M&A activities (not limited to solar and storage), market intelligence, and new business/strategic development initiatives (renewable energy related, including on/offshore wind development, hydrogen, long duration storage, etc.).
This role will directly support all teams in terms of specific research, opportunity origination, valuation, and execution. This role will be responsible for the creation and delivery of analysis that enables data-driven, informed decision-making in complex, new and changing business environments, and presentation to the Headquarters.
In addition, this role has responsibilities to monitor the business arms of HQC US in terms of their growth strategies and execution progress and actively communicate with the business arms to have their strategies aligned with not only HQC US but also the Headquarters. This position reports to the Sr Director of EPC OE, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine, CA and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. Overtime and weekend working hours may be required as needed. This position is expected to travel up to 20%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position; and
- Analyze industry, competitor, and technology dynamics and trends (e.g., market sizing, competitive landscape mapping, key success factors, customer segmentation) to generate insights that inform the company’s strategy.
- Identify potential strategic alliances/partnerships and M&A opportunities, develop M&A strategies, valuation, negotiations, and PMI plan etc.
- Develop recommendations and the strategy for company growth (in the core and new business areas), including where to compete and how to win (e.g., competitive advantage).
- Perform financial analyses that help in the evaluation of strategic options, including financial outlook, NPV, and scenario/sensitivity analysis.
- Communicate findings/recommendations with management and support business collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the annual strategic planning process and execution/implementation plans.
- Support key strategic tasks within GES entities particularly on the EPC capability growth.
- Oversee and coordinate the overall product development progress and R&D activities within GES entities to support the expected outcomes in timely manner for company growth such as solar module, tracker, inverter/pcs, and battery etc.
- Work collaboratively with other operations team members on project execution and process development including project procurement, construction management, and project controls.
- Work cross-functionally, including establishing consensus and influencing decision-making.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Conduct non-routine site visits.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience working at a top-tier consulting firm or similar experience in corporate strategy, operation, or corporate development role.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or another related field, preferred.
- Proven records of success in deals of partnership and/or M&A.
- Previous experience of leadership in leader positions.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Renewable energy industry experience highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and explain complex information clearly.
- Experience and proficiency in creating high-quality presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Ability to collaborate and work across multi-departments and business entities.
- Able to structure and present complex business matters effectively.
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player.
- Strong, self-motivated team player.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.
- Willingness to travel, up to 20% of the time.
SALARY RANGE FOR POSITION
The anticipated starting pay range of this position, which is to be located in Irvine, CA is $135,000.00 - $150,000.00 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?