New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Q CELLS Enable is the Renewable Energy EPC branch of Qcells for the Commercial and Industrial market. Our mission is to be a world class designer and installer of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. We are based in NYC. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we are able to offer end to end solutions for project developers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently.
The Electrical Foreman will provide support to the Construction Manager & Field Supervisor of the installation team and ensure the completion of installation of all solar arrays and solar systems for Commercial Properties. It is the responsibility of each Installer to ensure safe work practices for the installation team.
This position reports to the Construction Manager or Field Supervisor, or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is based in the Western NY and Finger lakes Region and the ideal candidate will be within commutable distance to this location. This position is required to travel within NY State corresponding to the project's location.
- Partake in all aspects of Solar farm construction from conception to completion
- Transport, secure, and install photovoltaic (PV) modules
- Assist in connecting making series/parallel string connection
- Affix wires to structure aligned with plan set specifications
- Assist in wire pulls and labeling
- Ability to read plan sets and wire PV array according to the plans
- Make MC4 or similar field connections on PV wire
- Use a machine threader for Rigid Metal Conduit
- Ground and Bond according to the plan set
- Perform inter-row and inverter/combiner/disconnect trenching
- Install electrical equipment racking
- Install inter-row, inverter/combiner/disconnect, and racking conduit
- Perform DC wire and grounding terminations
- Perform tests including meggar, polarity, VOC and IV curve trace
- Perform AC terminations – inverter, disconnects, grounding
- Perform AC trenching, conduit install, wires pulls, and labeling
- Assist with concrete equipment pad excavation, forms, rebar, conduit and grounding
- Assist with equipment lifts/placement and AC wiring
- Quality control - inspections, documentation, and electronic submittal
- Safety - inspections, documentation, and electronic submittal
- Crew oversight and management
- Maintenance of crew production schedule
- Lead Safety Toolbox talks, Comply with Job Hazard Analysis and Site Specific Safety Plan
- Coordinate and attend 3rd party, municipality or utility inspections/energizations
- Select tools, materials and equipment
- Reporting and coordination with Qcells management team
- Good attitude, eager, willing to learn, proactive
- 5+ years of commercial electric experience
- 3+ years of commercial electric experience in a leadership role
- Experience in constructing ground mounted PV and/or ESS projects
- Ability to work in all weather conditions in New York State
- Ability to lift 50lbs and perform repetitive tasks
- Knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Basic computer literacy and competency with the Microsoft suite of software
- Familiarity with Procore or other project management software
- Ability to prioritize work activity, delegates tasks and motivate a crew
- Ability to travel within the New York State, up to 100% of the time;
- Ability to read plan sets and install accordingly
- Ability to work within a team and work independently
- Ability to work a variety of hours, including occasional evenings and weekends;
- Valid Drivers License & Clean Driving Record.
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?