EPC Solutions Assistant Manager
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The EPC solutions Assistant Manager will support the technical efforts to maximize the yield and/or minimize the LCOE of the PV projects. This position reports to the EPC Solutions Manager, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Cleveland, OH and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. Overtime and weekend working hours may be required as needed. This position is expected to travel up to 30%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position; and
- Support the technical efforts to maximize the yield and/or minimize the LCOE of the PV projects through;
- Supporting the technical due diligence process for SAT with suppliers, consultants, and internal stakeholders
- Maintaining a detailed overview of tracker innovations, tracker products and tracker technical features
- Assessing product design and manufacturing methods including aspects of structural adequacy, drive systems and control systems regarding expected performance and reliability
- Support R&D efforts to optimize the SAT/PV module interface for improved mounting methods and enhanced module performance
- Creating technical documentation packages such as due diligence reports, scope of works, technical specifications
- Support work with GR&D for the development of system optimization program, ‘Systemizer’, applicable to the utility scale and large C&I scale projects
- Work collaboratively with other operations team members on project execution and process development including project procurement, construction management, and project controls
- Collaborate with team members when necessary to ensure effective communication and results
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical or Structural Engineering or another related science
- Minimum of 5 years of professional engineering experience working in the Solar industry
- Willingness to travel, up to 30% of the time
- Experience with relevant codes and standards (UL 2703/3703, IEC 62817, AHJ approvals etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and explain complex information clearly
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player
- Experience in permitting processes with local authorities having jurisdiction, preferred.
- Ability to project manage multiple efforts
- Strong, self-motivated team player
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
SALARY RANGE FOR POSITION
The anticipated starting pay range of this position, which is to be located in Cleveland, OH is $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?