Solar Mechanical Foreman
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Q CELLS Enable is the Renewable Energy EPC branch of Qcells for the Commercial and Industrial market. Our mission is to be a world class designer and installer of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. We are based in NYC. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we are able to offer end to end solutions for project developers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently.
The Solar Mechanical Foreman will provide support to the Construction Manager & Field Supervisor of the installation team and ensure the completion of installation of all solar arrays and solar systems for Commercial Properties. It is the responsibility of each Installer to ensure safe work practices for the installation team.
This position reports to the Construction Manager or Field Supervisor, or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is based in the Western NY and Finger lakes Region and the ideal candidate will be within commutable distance to this location. This position is required to travel within NY State corresponding to the project's location.
Compensation: $38-45/hr (based on experience) + bonus
- Complete company trainings, certifications and other essential company objectives
- Attend all safety, quality, and production meetings
- Perform inventory checks and report findings
- Load, unload and transport racking material
- Drive Skidsteer, Lull, and other equipment w/proper certs
- Mount brackets, torque-verify connections
- Assist in driving steel piles or screw piles
- Perform, record and upload testing on piles
- Verify Pile locations with GPS
- Collect soil samples
- Module Transportation, Mounting and Torquing
- Quality control – checks, documentation and submittals
- Safety - checks, documentation and submittals
- Crew Management including oversight, training and communication
- Hitting production targets
- Reporting and coordination with Qcells management
- Good attitude, eager, willing to learn, proactive
- Working experience in construction 2-5 years
- Experience constructing ground mounted PV projects 3+ years
- Experience leading pile driving and mechanical installation crews (prefer 2+ years)
- Ability to read a plan set/installation manual and install accordingly
- Ability to work in all weather conditions in New York
- Ability to lift 50lbs and perform repetitive tasks
- Knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Basic competency MIcrosoft suite of software and Procore (preferred)
- Ability to prioritize work activity
- Ability to travel within New York State, up to 100% of the time;
- Ability to work within a team and take direction from team leaders
- Ability to work a variety of hours, including occasional evenings and weekends;
- Valid Drivers License & Clean Driving Record.
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?