New York, NY, USA
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2023
Q CELLS Enable is the EPC arm of Qcells serving the C&I market. Our mission is to provide world class design and installation of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we can offer end-to-end solutions for project developers and asset managers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently in our NYC headquarters.
The Solar Superintendent is responsible for running job site, completing them on time and within budget. This individual must be a process driven leader, able to effectively keep their project on schedule. As a superintendent, this individual will run various job sites, completing them on time and within budget.
This position will be located in Finger Lakes Region, NY with the consideration of the candidates’ accessibility. Ideal candidates will be within commutable distance of these locations.
- Work directly with Construction Manager, project managers to help implement project goals
- Assign duties to staff to implement project goals, as needed
- Oversee variable aspects of projects and provide direct assistance to ensure timely project execution
- Overview project goals and ensure project goals are achievable
- Review project implementation and gather data on project execution
- Coordinate with Construction Managers, project managers and other project leads following project execution
- Coordinate with suppliers and vendors to ensure our construction teams have the materials they need
- Communicate about delays and any other issues that must be communicated to clients
- Completing any tasks assigned by the Project Manager in an efficient and timely manner
- Other tasks as assigned
- Identify Safety concerns and prevention.
- Outline completed portions of the past week that meet or exceed Project Schedule
- Look forward on 3 week ahead schedule for each subcontractor
- Attend a weekly project meeting
- Discuss change events.
- Discuss staff and subcontractor performance
- Quality control - inspections, documentation, and electronic submittal
- Safety - inspections, documentation, and electronic submittal
- Crew oversight and management
- Maintenance of crew production schedule Lead Safety Toolbox talks, Comply with Job Hazard Analysis and Site Specific Safety Plan
- Identify punch list and observation from previous week
- All closeout docs and QA/QC checklists
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 3-4 years of experience in Utility Solar Construction required
- Experience in the construction industry a plus
- Proficiency with computer operating systems (Procore and Microsoft)
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively to ensure successful project execution
- Working knowledge of necessary industry-related tools
- Proven ability to generate and deliver reports that provide useful insight into project details
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a passion for ensuring projects proceed efficiently and effectively
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Maintain a certain degree of creativity and latitude
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative when required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity with project management software a plus
- Software/computer skills (includes: Microsoft Windows, Office Products, Procore)
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?