Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
The SCM Planner is responsible for collaborating with various stakeholders, including headquarters, factories, and internal teams, to ensure smooth coordination and execution of the supply chain activities for the sale of PV modules and systems. This position reports to the Director of Supply Chain Management, or another member of senior management that the President of the Company may designate, and will require travel of up to 20%. The candidate will be based out of our Irvine, California headquarters.
- Procurement coordination: Coordinating with headquarters to ensure timely delivery of PV modules and system products, while maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Inventory management: Monitoring and optimizing inventory levels to ensure sufficient stock availability while minimizing holding costs and the risk of stockouts.
- Communication and collaboration: Effectively communicating with Hanwha Q CELLS headquarters, sales entities, and manufacturing facilities in the following locations:
- Sales Entities: Canada, Korea, Germany, Japan, and some others
- Manufacturing Facilities: US (GA), Korea, Malaysia, and China
- Performance monitoring and analysis: Tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) related to supply chain efficiency, such as order fill rates, on-time delivery, inventory turnover, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Continuous improvement: Identifying opportunities for process optimization, cost reduction, and efficiency improvements within the supply chain and implementing appropriate strategies or initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of SCM or upper management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Bilingual proficiency in Korean and English is required
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in meetings, calls, presentations and email
- Advanced level of computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
- Data analysis-related experience preferred
- Previous SCM and/or planning experience preferred
- Solar PV and/or Energy related experience preferred
- Willingness to travel at least 20% of the time
- Ability to identify and develop key strategic partnerships
- Must be comfortable interfacing outside the company, including executive presentations, negotiations, and contractual review
- Must be self-motivated, creative, and possess strategic planning skills
- High degree of professionalism and conduct
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?