Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Account Payable Specialist will provide accounting and finance support to the Corporate Finance team. This position reports to the Head of Corporate Finance or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine, California and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 9:00am to 6:00pm or from 8:00am to 5:00pm.This position is expected to travel up to 5%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process and manage accounts payable transactions
- Verify invoices for accuracy and completeness, including matching invoices with purchase orders and receiving reports
- Review and reconcile vendor statements and resolve any discrepancies or issues
- Work with internal departments and vendors to resolve payment issues or disputes
- Communicate with vendors and internal departments to ensure timely payment of invoices and adherence to payment terms
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date accounts payable records, including filing and archiving of documents
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports related to accounts payable
- Participate in month-end closing activities, including accruals and account reconciliations
- Follow up on open purchase orders to ensure timely receipt of goods or services and accurate invoice processing
- Assist with other accounting and finance-related tasks as assigned by management
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or another business-related field
- Minimum of 2 years of professional accounts payable experience
- Hands-on experience in accounting, financial closing, bookkeeping, and ledger management
- Previous experience working in a multinational company preferred
- Previous experience with ERP system preferred (SAP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and explain complex information clearly
- Strong, self-motivated team player
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook
The anticipated starting pay range of this position, which is to be located in Irvine, CA is $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?