United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Performance Engineer will be responsible for delivering detailed PV plant performance simulation results on behalf of the Engineering group. This position reports to the Director of Engineering, or another management personnel that the Vice President of Engineering may designate. Working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. This position is expected to travel up to 30%.
- Create high quality PV plant energy simulation results for utility scale PV plants (incl. BESS if applicable);
- Provide sensitivity analysis of PV energy simulations for the financial evaluation of project opportunities;
- Develop internal standards and processes for energy simulation, plant performance test, SCADA scope of works, etc.;
- Perform PV plant performance review of operational data, incl. capacity testing to industry standards;
- Development specifications and bills of quantities for PV plants and SCADA systems;
- Develop technical contract exhibits for PV plant performance assessments, testing and commis-sioning;
- Coordinate external resources such as Independent Engineers, SCADA Engineers, other special-ized professionals as needed;
- Review site characteristics, meteorological data, project documentation, public records for de-tailed energy simulations and guidance for technical specifications of equipment;
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvements in project engineering and engineering processes;
- Present the technical findings and opinions to internal and external stakeholders in meetings and written communication;
- In collaboration with other team members, contribute to the completion of proposals to design and build photovoltaic projects;
- Work in a team to develop and improve the system standards;
- Assist with technical training for team members and new employees;
- Build a quality culture of continuous improvement that enhances company efficiency and engineering quality;
- Drive a safety culture that embraces both a “Responsibility to act” and “Show by Example” approach;
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or another related engineering science
- Minimum of 3 years of professional engineering experience in the solar industry
- Relevant work experience in detailed PV plant energy modelling and data processing of PV plant performance data
- Willingness to travel, at least 30% of the time
- Advanced knowledge with photovoltaic performance modeling tools (such as PVSyst)
- Strong in Microsoft Office Suite, advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player
- Experience in coordinating Owners Engineers in regards of PV plant simulation and performance testing
- Previous experience in energy simulation of utility scale battery energy storage systems, preferred
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?