United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Subcontract Specialist is responsible for conducting the subcontract buyout process from RFP to task order/contract execution, identifying new subcontractors, maintaining a database of current subcontractors, supporting the pre-qualification process and monitoring subcontractor performance. Prepare highly complex, customized contracts which involve the integration of many diverse elements of high cost, or which entail construction projects, and master services/supply agreements. They will be responsible for overall coordination and development of subcontract agreements with support of other functional groups. May be assigned other tasks as needed. This position reports to the Director of Procurement, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine CA and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. This position is expected to travel up to 20%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position; and
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to leverage the experience to optimize the procurement of materials and/or services;
- Manage key processes in alignment with Companies overall strategic goals;
- Administer RFP Process with limited direction from the Procurement Manager, including, but not limited to the following:
- Prepare RFPs to qualified subcontractors including working with other functional groups to gather all required documents and data;
- Determine and maintain bid schedules in accordance with project schedules;
- Coordinate responses to RFIs from bidders;
- Review, compare and evaluate subcontractor proposals with historical and market pricing to determine cost-competitive pricing and identify opportunities for cost savings;
- Support commercial negotiations for Subcontract Agreements, Change Orders, and other related contract management documents, etc. with key subcontractors in accordance with company policies and guidelines;
- Ensure prime contract flow downs are incorporated into subcontract documents as needed or applicable to scope of work/supply;
- Monitor subcontractor compliance of contract and project requirements;
- Support Project Management Team as needed with contract information and input to resolve subcontractor issues, such as under-performance or scope gaps;
- Maintain accurate and complete purchasing records in accordance with record retention procedures; and
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Construction Contracts Management and/or Procurement
- Minimum 4 years of experience in solar and/or construction field project at the project size of over $30M in procurement of equipment/material or subcontracting
- Preferred experience in Solar or Renewable Energy
- Knowledge in contract management
- Change order management experience
- Ability to work on own in a fast pace, professional, team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to Multitask
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence and ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- Computer literacy with an advance knowledge on Microsoft office including but not limited to Excel
- Strong understanding of construction management software systems (Procore, E-Builder, CMiC, etc.)
- SAP Experience preferred
- Customer service skills including experience in conducting subcontractor reviews and evaluation, and maintaining good business relationships
- Able to identify, investigate and solve problem that might arise with order and in timely manner
SALARY RANGE FOR POSITION
The anticipated starting pay range of this position, which is to be located in Irvine, CA is $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Geli
Something looks off?