Project Development Manager — Community Solar & Storage
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2023
The Community Solar & Storage Project Development Manager is responsible for the identification, assessment and origination of power purchase agreement and energy service contracts for solar energy and energy storage projects, including new pipeline opportunities and potential strategic investments across the United States. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of executing offtake agreements and should have a strong network of potential prospective clients. The candidate will work from our San Francisco office and requires flexibility to expect travel up to 50% of the year to secure end-user contracts. Remote work may be approved for the right candidate.
- Identify new prospective customers through broad market research and tactical, direct client outreach.
- Create and implement sales and marketing plans to attract and retain new customers.
- Develop and foster deep relationships with key contacts in the core markets.
- Strategically respond to RFP.
- Coordinate quickly and effectively with project finance, engineering, legal and executive teams to develop new client proposals.
- Collaborate with Qcells stakeholders to determine commercial structure and define proposed pricing and terms for new client project opportunities, including grid services.
- Engage in bilateral project discussions and negotiations that lead to contract execution.
- Manage the customer experience from prospect through contracting and project implementation, as the face of the company to the client.
- Report on market pricing expectations and secure internal approvals for timely deal closing.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 or more years of successful sales, business development or origination experience directly contracting energy projects with commercial, industrial, institutional, municipal, public, or utility organizations.
- Permanently located in the Western United States region and able to travel throughout the United States to meet in person with potential clients and customers.
- Experience with front-of-meter solar and/or battery storage projects.
- Superior preparation and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of a work week.
- A valid driving license.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Community, Commercial and Industrial Project Development Group is a United States-wide team within Hanwha Q CELLS America, Inc. (“HQCA”). It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most highly-regarded manufacturers of solar cells and modules. It has executive headquarters in Seoul, South Korea and a photovoltaic and related technology and innovation center in Thalheim, Germany. Through its global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm. HQCA holdings include Geli, which provides energy management system software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.