Renewable Energy and Storage Assets Manager
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Renewable Energy and Storage Assets Manager is responsible for the management of the ongoing operations of solar and energy storage projects. The position requires maintaining an understanding of the underlying project assets and our investment structures (financial, technical & contractual), including managing operational reviews, compliance, financial reporting, and optimization. This position will also develop strategies to optimize project merchant exposure and assist the project finance leadership in administering complex financing structures, investor reporting, budgeting, and the sale of environmental commodities.
This position reports to the Director of Asset Management, or other senior management personnel that the Senior Vice President/President of the Company may designate. This position is remote but may require travel at least 30% of the time to visit the corporate office in Irvine, CA, renewable energy projects and attend counterparty meetings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all commercial, contractual, regulatory, and reporting obligations of an operating portfolio of solar and energy storage assets, in compliance with all project agreements;
- Oversee asset P&L including AP/AR, cash management, & equity distributions;
- Actively monitor performance, weather, and operational data from operating projects; support analysis of performance gaps and help drive improvements in operational & financial metrics;
- Support the distribution of Performance, Operations, and Financial reports for operating assets; report out to investors & counterparties;
- Develop strategy to optimize revenue while minimizing risk for HQC US’ owned renewable asset(s) including designing and executing day-ahead and real-time strategies to optimize project revenue for wholesale energy sales;
- Coordinate with third party qualified scheduling entity for execution of short-term strategies;
- Support negotiation of Asset Management agreements and other service provider agreements & amendments;
- This position is for coverage in ERCOT but may extend to further ISOs (PJM, MISO, SPP) as further assets are added to the portfolio; and
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, engineering or finance related fields
- 5+ years power trading/scheduling/asset management experience at a utility, IPP, ISO, power trading firm, or power research firm
- Experience in market trading or trading around renewables assets preferred
- Strong analytical capability and commercial acumen
- Able to translate complex analysis into concrete commercial strategies and actions
- Solid understanding of renewable energy markets and project lifecycle
- Knowledge of trading and market dynamics helpful
- Ability to work effectively with, and manage, cross-functional teams
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in pressure situations
- Experience with basic accounting and budget management
- Experience with performance data analysis, reporting, and presentation
The anticipated starting pay range of this position, which is to be located in Irvine, CA is $120,000.00 - $140,000.00 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.