Regional Sales Manager
Sales & Business Development
Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Axia by Qcells provides solar, battery storage, EV chargers, and energy services to homeowners who are looking to reduce their reliance on the power grid and upgrade their home energy. Axia is a full-service solar solution provider and is the direct-to-consumer division of solar panel manufacturer, Qcells. We support solar sales consultation, customer system design, financing, installation, and warranty resolution for the ongoing customer relationship. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value through a seamless and superior solar journey, guided by the principles of transparency, reliability, and sustainability – creating a better way to go solar.
The Regional Sales Manager– Sales Partners, Axia by Qcells division is responsible for driving revenue growth and profitability through the sale of Solar PV Systems and Electricity Storage Solutions through our Sales Partners to the consumer (homeowners). The ideal candidate not only has a strong history of top-level solar sales performance leadership, but they are also an expert in sales partner strategies, sales-funnel analytics, and developing sales organizations selling solar. You’ll manage and grow a Sales Partner team as sales volume grows, and oversee team training, auditing of sales call performance measurement, and improvement plans for each Sales Partner. This position reports to the Director – Sales Partners; Axia by Qcells, Home Energy Solutions division. Extensive travel will be required in this role meeting with the Sales Partners. This position is open to three locations CA, TX, and along the East Coast. This employment opportunity is eligible for remote work, however, Hybrid or Onsite work may be required for candidates residing within a commutable distance to any of our corporate offices in the following locations: San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; and Teaneck, NJ.
- Serve as leader in the region for discovering and enrolling Sales Partner organizations to deliver sales.
- Establish best practices for sales strategies to deliver a world class customer experience
- Discover and qualify sales organizations that will sell solar pv/battery and other energy services to homeowners using our Axia by Qcells platform.
- This is a performance-based position with expectations of achieving sales targets.
- Train our sales process to the sales partners to help them grow their sales of our solutions.
- Create sales funnel forecasting and actuals tracking models related to volume and conversion metrics
- Lead team training initiatives by designing and implementing training programs, and/or work with outsourced provider to support team training
- Collaborate with Digital Products team to launch performance measurement platform that includes call auditing and tracking of sales partners.
- Work on strategies and tactics for lead generation of sales partner organizations that generate sales volume in alignment with growth objectives
- Deliver expected sales results established by Director of Sales Partners.
- 5+ years in sales partnership / dealer channel experience
- 5+ years in residential solar sales partners / dealer channel management
- Substantial network among renewable energy sales professionals
- Proven ability to structure, negotiate, and close residential solar sales at scale
- Expertise in residential solar and ESS products, site audits, permitting, and solar installation processes
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of residential solar& ESS homeowner dynamics their application to business development
- Must be comfortable interfacing inside and outside the company, including executive presentations, negotiations, and contractual review.
- Must be a strong leader, creative, and possess strategic planning skills.
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.