EPC Training Coordinator
United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
This position will focus on the administration and coordination of training programs, and the maintenance of training systems in the EPC division. This position reports to the Associate Director of Quality, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine (or remote) and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. This position is expected to travel up to 50%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize, prepare, compile and ship meeting and training materials to multiple locations.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate training of the EPC division personnel.
- Assist in creating and proofing any and all training materials for the EPC division.
- Participate in meetings that relate to the creation or revision of training curriculum, schedules, and planning.
- Maintain all training files and understand the importance of training requirements, training timelines, record storage and retention requirements.
- Manage event registration, rosters, communications, logistical inquiries.
- Coordinate and communicate with event facilitators.
- Assist with event scheduling: identify location needs, secure room reservations, manage room set-up needs, test technology and tech support, and coordinating event refreshments when required.
- Confirm that needed supplies, materials, and equipment are in place, and communicate and escalate as needed/appropriate to address event needs.
- Compile, format, analyze and summarize evaluation data.
- Provide new hire orientation (EPC focused) for the employees of the EPC division.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience and knowledge in training coordination/event/project management
- Excellent quality assurance skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to self-direct, set priorities in work assignments, and execute projects with minimal direction.
- Ability to prioritize work efficiently on multiple projects and tasks.
- Good collaboration skills with the ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments while maintaining attention to detail and a focus on results.
- Self-motivated and independent to drive tasks forward.
- Proficient with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel and comfortable in learning and use of computer software as required for the role.
- Proficient with LMS and other eLearning-related technology
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.