Senior Business Development Manager - Utility Scale Solar
Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Senior Business Development Manager is a key contributor to HQC US‘ development efforts. The Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for identifying potential PV and BESS partnership opportunities and strategic acquisitions. The Senior Business Development Manager will also be responsible for coordinating with internal and external subject matter experts to facilitate evaluation of opportunities as well as advancing the transaction to closing.
The Senior Business Development Manager reports to the Vice President of Business Development, or other senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position may also require travel at least 30% of the time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Senior Management to identify and prioritize strategic acquisition targets for renewable energy opportunities by leading customer-focused, data-driven, multi-dimensional analysis incorporating input from cross-functional team members;
- Serve as key contact with counterparties and customers, and work to grow long-term relationships to secure additional business opportunities beyond initial projects
- Identify and evaluate strategic project, portfolio, and platform acquisitions
- Maintain industry relationships, identify market trends, track policy developments, evaluate business strategies, and screen competitor offerings to create profitable business opportunities for the company
- Coordinate with and effectively manage internal and external subject matter experts to provide evaluations, analyses, or reports that support business opportunities
- Coordinate and guide the broader development team in achieving project objectives;
- Track project risk throughout the development cycle; provide risk assessments and mitigations to Senior Management;
- Construct presentation material to support meetings with Senior Management
- Participate in the development of key account and utility relationships, support origination of contracts with such key accounts;
- Develop proposal strategies, RFP processes or similar, and negotiate terms for vendors and consultants who participate in the development process;
- Develop/maintain business relationships with key consultants and vendors;
- Maintain and provide suggestions for project development tracking and reporting;
- Represent HQC US at industry events and network to enhance relationships with counterparties, customers, and other stakeholders in the industry
- All other duties as assigned by Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business planning, engineering or finance related fields
- 5-8 years of solar, wind, BESS or conventional project development experience
- Deep understanding of renewable energy markets, project lifecycle, financial models, and industry value chains
- Strong project management skills including creating and managing project budgets and schedules
- Ability to work effectively with, and manage, cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage and support multiple projects simultaneously, with varying complexities and urgencies presented day to day
- Self motivated with the ability to effectively work remotely with minimal supervision
- Excellent people, entrepreneurial, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Effective computer skills including, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Willing to travel at least 30% of the time
- A valid driving license and passport
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.