Youngstown, OH, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 1, 2023
This is your chance to join the rapidly growing commercial solar energy business.
Solar FlexRack is an integrated solar company that offers custom-designed, fixed tilt ground mount and single-axis solar tracking systems in the commercial and utility-scale solar mounting industries. Solar FlexRack also offers full services, including engineering, geotechnical, pullout testing, field, and layout design services to address the actual site conditions of a project site. Solar FlexRack has completed over 3.5 GW of solar racking installations in over 40 U.S. states, 9 Canadian provinces and across the globe.
The Maintenance Manager will be a member of our Production team. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for directing and monitoring, on a daily basis, preventative and maintenance work activities, production progress and resources necessary to efficiently support the production schedule and key performance metrics. This position reports to the Head of Manufacturing, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Mahoning County, Ohio and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 7:00am to 4:00pm Overtime and weekend working hours may be required as needed. This position is expected to travel up to 1%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance, in accordance with the company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position.
- Direct and monitor, on a daily basis, maintenance work activities, progress and resources necessary to efficiently support the production schedule and equipment performance metrics.
- Review schedules to make decisions concerning staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering production expectations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with staff to resolve production problems.
- Establish workflow policies that enhance 1st time throughput and efficiency without compromising product safety or quality.
- Responsibility for the safe maintenance, regulatory compliance, throughput, quality, continuous improvement, production, and cost management of plant equipment.
- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Actively managing performance of personnel and preventative maintenance processes in a manufacturing setting.
- Oversee a workforce of 10+ employees. Problem-solving methods to continuously identify and improve areas of weakness or inefficiency during the manufacturing production process.
- Allocate workload and supervise upkeep staff (custodians, janitors etc.)Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary and ensure all min /max levels are in place.
- Monitor electrical, air, emulsion and hydraulic systems of facilities to ensure functionality. Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities.
- Maintain maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when required.
- A college diploma or bachelor's degree in engineering or the successful completion from a vocational school with a Certificate of Qualification for Millwright/Tool & Die/Electrical
- 5+ years' experience in maintenance management role, preferable in shape roll forming of steel (ASTM A500 tubing) or closely related experience
- Trade License an asset
- Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day.
- Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk.
- Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
- Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
- Travel: up to 1% as needed
- Regular professional, office business setting
- Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Qcells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.