IT, Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Cleveland, OH, USA
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
This is your chance to join the rapidly growing commercial solar energy business.
Solar FlexRack is an integrated solar company that offers custom-designed, fixed tilt ground mount and single-axis solar tracking systems in the commercial and utility-scale solar mounting industries. Solar FlexRack also offers full services, including engineering, geotechnical, pullout testing, field, and layout design services to address the actual site conditions of a project site. Solar FlexRack has completed over 3.5 GW of solar racking installations in over 40 U.S. states, 9 Canadian provinces and across the globe.
The Accounting Analyst is responsible for assisting the finance department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization. This position reports to the Accounting Manager, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Cleveland, OH and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm. The role will work 4 days in office with Friday remote as an option. Overtime and weekend working hours may be required as needed. This position is expected to travel up to 10%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform the daily operations of the accounting department including accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparation of journal entries and account reconciliation
- Responsible for processing employees’ expense reimbursement on a weekly basis
- Maintain customer agreements and receivable files
- Review credit-worthiness of new customers and confirm all necessary forms are received from customers.
- Provide weekly updates to supervisor regarding status of customer accounts as well as updates on collections progress.
- Maintain vendor files
- Assist with preparation of sales/use tax returns as well as maintaining compliance with sales/use tax laws in numerous states
- Assist with the coordination and completion of the annual external audit
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accurate financial reporting and analysis
- Regular attendance, in accordance with the company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Good understanding of month end and year end processes required
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable experience required
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and resourcefulness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
- Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
- Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
- Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
- Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
- Travel: up to 10% as needed
- Regular professional, office business setting
- Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Qcells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Qcells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at .
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.