Senior PV Module Engineer
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Senior PV Module Engineer is responsible for collaborating with cross functional teams on delivering technically managing and interfacing with module designers to improve the design and represent the goals provided by the R&D Team and influencing direction of the module packaging, cell configuration, and frame to meet company LCOE goals. Liasson between R&D and remainder of value chain specialty module department. This position reports to the Senior Director of R&D, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is Remote with up to 20% Travel (Hybrid) and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. Overtime and weekend working hours may be required as needed. This position is expected to travel up to 20%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position; and
- Technical Due Diligence of solar PV Modules
- Work with product manufacturing to guide on product design in collaboration with tracker manufacturer
- Assessment of Manufacturing methods
- Review of manufacturing facilities
- Cell design, processing and manufacturing
- Performance test review
- Product compliance testing
- FMEA and Related reliability documentation
- Work as a supportive team member in a collaborative environment
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, or Renewable Energy
- 10+ Years of Experience in Solar Module Industry
- Solid Understanding of PV Manufacturing (Monocrystalline, Polycrystalline)
- Familiarity with Tier 1 Module Manufacturers
- 7+ Years Engineering Experience in Design, Testing, and or Modelling of solar PV Modules/Systems
- Experience with UL 1703, IEC 61730, IEC 61646, IEC 61215
- Strong Communication Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- History of demonstrating LCOE Savings with Analytical calculations
- Assertive nature to convey technical savings and advantages of new initiatives
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.