Data Solution Architect
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
This is a San Francisco based position that is currently remote and will have a hybrid schedule once we return to office. We are open to candidates willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area.
Geli (Growing Energy Labs, Inc.) provides software and business solutions to design, connect, and operate energy storage systems ranging in size from residential to utility-scale, as well as grid-tied, microgrid, and off-grid systems. Geli’s suite of products creates an ecosystem where project developers, OEMs, financiers, and project operators can deploy advanced energy projects using a seamless hardware-agnostic software platform.
Geli is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS, one of the world’s largest photovoltaic manufacturers most recognized for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules.
Geli is committed to helping make the planet a cleaner, better place to live, both with our software products and through our everyday actions.
Imagine a world where there is less reliance on non-renewable power, where you source your electricity from your neighbors rather than from power stations hundreds of miles away and software makes the best possible use of the solar, wind, and battery storage available. This is our vision.
We are looking for enthusiastic colleagues that are not only fluent in technology, but also share our vision of a world running on 100% renewable energy.
It’s about creating technological solutions for unique customer challenges, in collaboration with our engineers. You will work with our globally distributed engineering teams and closely collaborate with other engineering leaders, Product Management, and Business teams under the direction of the VP of Engineering. You will have a high Execution Quotient (XQ), along with EQ and IQ. You will use a Situation Leadership style with the right combination of pace-setting, servant, and democratic leadership approaches.
- Lead QCells’ energy management solution architecture to support RESi, C&I, and Utility scale markets
- Maintain architecture stewardship
- Develop solutions comprised of IoT/Energy management hardware, software, and services used to monitor and control a customer’s electrical distribution network.
- Consult with customers, product managers, and business partners - other cross-functional professionals to deliver outside-the-box solutions.
- Become a trusted advisor with product managers and customers within QCells, and guide the software architecture of their solution
- A university degree in an Engineering field – Computer Science preferred
- 10+ years of experience building and delivering software products
- 5+ years of experience being the most senior person responsible for architecture and design decisions on software projects
- Passion for driving cutting-edge solutions and thinking outside the box to solve customer problems
- Strong understating of software design patterns e.g., structural, behavioral, etc.,
- AWS cloud service or GCP or Azure
- Experience with cyber-physical software solution development and/or delivery of complex projects in the software, energy, and utility industry.
- Experience with any of the following is preferred but not necessary:
- Power and grid market, electrical distribution and/or automation equipment such as meters, RTUs, relays, switchgear, programmable logic controllers, human-machine interfaces, and SCADA systems.
- Developed interpersonal skills with an ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers of various technical abilities to develop solutions actively and creatively.
- Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to self-manage, multi-task, and learn new skills quickly.
- Travel up to 25% to various QCells software development centers.
- Understanding of matrix environment and stakeholder management including sales, product management, and program management.
- Proven leadership skills in mentoring engineering teams, providing technical guidance, and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to plan and execute projects within specified timelines and budgets.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating with cross-functional teams, including hardware, software, and testing teams, to ensure successful project delivery.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT GELI
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Competitive benefits offerings
Conveniently accessible location in downtown San Francisco
Flexible work-from-home-office opportunities, as determined by the position and job duties
Cigna and Kaiser options - available by region
Cigna Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Cigna medical plan
Company-paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
Voluntary benefits include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance
401(k) with a 4% employer match
3 weeks of paid Parental Leave
Sick time- 72 hours frontloaded per calendar year
Vacation time (Flex time), and 13 Paid Holidays
Health Advocate wellness and concierge services
Wellness programs with our benefits providers
Bereavement leave- 5 paid days
Make a difference: join a group of people who are passionate about renewable energy
Have an impact: the company is still small enough that everyone’s contribution has a significant impact on the success of the company
Many opportunities to lead teams, and projects, and contribute to development
Casual professional working environment: there’s no need to dress up, just present your best self
Work collaboratively in a diverse environment- we commit to reaching better decisions by respecting opinions and working through disagreements
We value the insights that a diverse team can bring. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in tech.
Growing Energy Labs, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.