Sr. Residential Product Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
We are seeking a Sr. PM - Smart Residential Energy Systems. This position requires a seasoned engineering professional with a wide background and knowledge in Smart Energy ecosystems, EV charging and communication systems, EVSEs, home energy management systems, V1G, V2G, V2X, stationary storage, solar integration, policies, and standards.
This position will propose new and exciting product offerings to the Executive Leadership Team by playing an instrumental role in the growth of our total energy-providing business. We are looking for an expert in new residential applications such as EV chargers and many more. Although the position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, it requires international travel of up to 20% for technology and business-related research. This role will report to the Director of Global Product Management.
- Research, analyze, define, and implement the residential Smart Energy Ecosystem, including a bidirectional EV, charging station (EVSE), stationary storage (ESS), solar (PV), home energy management system (HEMS), smart panels, heat pumps, and other smart electrical components.
- Define and specify the overall system and platform architecture, including electrical, electronics, and communication
- Identify needs and propose the development of new components (e.g. EVSE) or adapting existing products and manage the new product proposal processes
- Propose business case and pricing model, market rollout
- Manage the development of product line strategy and roadmap over the course of time
- Define strategy roadmap, customer use cases, unique value proposition, customer interaction, and experience.
- Work with company executives to determine the strategic direction
- Grow and lead the team of product managers and engineers
- Act as a mentor and give technical guidance to the team and cross-functional collaborators
- Build strategic relationships with internal and external partners to develop and implement technologies and products
- Represent the company’s interests in industry and standardization groups like ISO 15118, CharIn, UL, SAE, and government bodies like CEC and DOE.
- Approach EV manufacturers to integrate their EV into the Smart Energy Ecosystem as a bidirectional resource, toward the establishment of a business relationship
- Work with aggregators to elaborate on the potential to integrate electrical grid services, toward the establishment of a business relationship
- Interact with legal to screen and understand the impact of new or upcoming legislation and public funding opportunities.
- Perform investment review and due diligence in light of technology-centric expertise to help the management team in the decision-making processes of acquisitions
- M.S. in a relevant technical field
- 15 years of technology industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in product management, and technical product management, including developing and executing a strong product vision
- Team management experience in large cross-function teams
- Strong technological background in the EV industry, V2G, V1G, V2X, HEMS, EV charging standards, Smart Energy with the integration of bidirectional EVs, communications protocols, and networks
- Profound experience in power electronics, power conversion, and system integration
- Well-connected with industry groups and standardization groups like ISO 15118, CharIn, UL, and SAE.
- Established network with government bodies in the V2X field, like CEC, CPUC, DOE.
- Demonstrated ability and interest to apply fundamental electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and physics knowledge to analyze, test, and formulate solutions to complex engineering problems
- Ability to communicate with customers, engineering, sales teams, and suppliers
- Strong sense of ownership in work and product development
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, either nationally or internationally
- Must be authorized to work in the US